Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2020 11:37 am  #1

Impressive Win vs. VCU

Dukes took down VCU in a game that they basically controlled the whole time. The offense was sharper and the ball worked through Laia and Precious. The only negative was inbounding again. Up ten with 44 second left, we kept giving the ball away. Built the lead back to six, but gave the ball away so that VCU had a shot to tie. Guessing inbounding will be practiced this week. A good win, nonetheless. Go Dukes!

2/03/2020 12:20 pm  #2

Re: Impressive Win vs. VCU

Yeah really nice win except for the end of game issues again. Once this team starts playing consistently complete games they will be formidable. Whatever happens the rest of this year, we are going to be loaded next year.

2/04/2020 9:47 am  #3

I’ve been saying that this team has great potential, and this win is just the beginning.  Finishing games with a lead is always a tough skill  to master because each circumstance is a little different depending on the score, time remaining, and the opponents strategy.  You need to consider the press they are using, how well they play it; and how to beat it.  You also need to determine who you want to handle the ball and possibly get fouled at the end of games.   This all must be done and communicated during a time-out so the other coach can always change strategy as well.  It can go very well in one game and become chaos in the next; but the more you do it; the more you can avoid chaos.

2/05/2020 10:10 pm  #4

One aspect of the game not reported was some impressive work down on the block by the freshman, Johnson.

If one of the coaches can work with her footwork, she can become a real presence next season for the Dukes.

2/06/2020 3:02 pm  #5

I agree that Precious Johnson has some athletic ability that adds another dimension to our inside play.  She is very mobile and has already made an impact on defense and rebounding.  With some refining of her footwork and post moves she has the potential to be a star in this league. 
I also like what I've seen from Amaya Hamilton so far as her length and mobility.  She will present problems for teams trying to score on the Dukes.  Her offense is still a work in progress, but she seem to have good fundamentals and an understanding of her responsibilities on the court.   

Board footera