Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2020 9:44 pm  #1

Dukes' Tough Non-Conf. Schedule opens against Air Force in 2020

The Dukes have one hell of a non-conference schedule next year.  They just announced the opening game against Air Force.  They play as tough a non-conference schedule as Pitt but Pitt does not play the Dukes in basketball or football.

This is the first game the Dukes have played against a service academy even going back to their days as a national power.

Duquesne’s three 2020 non-conference opponents will be at Air Force (September 5), at Youngstown State (September 12) and at Coastal Carolina (September 19).

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2020/02/04/duquesne-adds-air-force-to-their-2020-football-schedule/

Last edited by coffee (2/07/2020 10:51 am)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/06/2020 1:09 am  #2

Re: Dukes' Tough Non-Conf. Schedule opens against Air Force in 2020

I hope we get paid a lot of money for these games. 

2/08/2020 8:59 am  #3

Toughest OOC schedule ever in my opinion and excited about the future of Duquesne football. These will be tough games and we'll be starting a new Q along with losing  AJ, Kellon ,Kam Carter, Ducrois and more but I like some of the replacements at RB and watch for Michael Duare to stepup this year! Go Dukes!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (2/08/2020 9:03 am)

2/09/2020 7:18 pm  #4

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Toughest OOC schedule ever in my opinion and excited about the future of Duquesne football. These will be tough games and we'll be starting a new Q along with losing AJ, Kellon ,Kam Carter, Ducrois and more but I like some of the replacements at RB and watch for Michael Duare to stepup this year! Go Dukes!

This is probably the most challenging schedule the Dukes have faced since their Orange Bowl/Nationally Ranked days with two BCS and YSU along with an improving NEC.
Speaking of their Bowl appearances, I knew that the Dukes turned down the Cotton Bowl bid and others but never knew why for sure.  President Gormley mentioned that it was due to not caving into racial demands from the Cotton Bowl committee.  Seems like Duquesne has an even prouder history than I thought.  Chuck Cooper and the game cancelled vs Kentucky because they refused to sit him out and now this?
Add Cumberland Posey's history too!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/10/2020 11:54 am  #5

Again Coffee thanks and I didn't know about the Cotton Bowl bid at all. What year did that happen?Also, I am writing a short piece on Ray Kemp for submission to PG  for Black History month as he played for Elmer Layden at Duquesne and was the first African American Steeler ( actually Pirates) as I know that you already know! PS agree with you on the schedule!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (2/10/2020 11:57 am)

2/10/2020 5:45 pm  #6

Board footera