Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2020 3:34 pm  #1

Jett Roesing

I was listening to the Fan in Pittsburgh after Pitt blew a 16 point first half lead at home to Wake Forest (picked to finish last in the ACC) and the host had been the broadcaster at Jett Roesing's game the other night.  By the way, Capel didn't show-up for his post-game interview and neither did any assistant coach.
  He said that Duquesne fans are going to love this kid.  He said that Jett is one of the two or three best shooters in the country and he said that is not a stretch.  He said he is Steph Curry-like.  He said that he warms up 6-8 feet behind the NBA three-point line and doesn't miss.  He was very impressed.  I hope he's a good judge of talent!  

1/04/2020 4:55 pm  #2

Re: Jett Roesing

Thanks for the info;  what is also very nice is that Jett has pretty good size which should help him  get his shot off quickly.  I know First Love is a team that travels around the Country but I’d like to see him play in person. So far I’ve just seen video.   I’ll check online.

1/04/2020 11:26 pm  #3

levon1975 wrote:

Thanks for the info; what is also very nice is that Jett has pretty good size which should help him get his shot off quickly. I know First Love is a team that travels around the Country but I’d like to see him play in person. So far I’ve just seen video. I’ll check online.

Good luck. I've been calling !st Love to find out where they play home games as the schedule has them listed as Pittsburgh. Last year they played home games at the Brownson House in Washington. The Brownson House told me they still practice there but do not play there anymore. I saw them last year and Jett was 1 for 4 from the 3 after hitting like 9 in the previous game. I 've left messages with 1st Love Athletic Dept. that have not been returned.

Last edited by WashPaRick (1/04/2020 11:29 pm)

1/06/2020 2:49 pm  #4

I was trying to find out where they play as well.

Here is the remaining schedule when they come into Pgh:
Jan 13th & 15th in pittsburgh vs. aspire acadmey
Jan 20th - mlk classic
Feb 4th vs Kiski School
Feb 19th vs Planet Athlete

I would venture a guess that the Kiski game would be played AT Kiski (1888 Brett Ln, Saltsburg, PA 15681)

The rest, I cant find any info 

1/06/2020 3:10 pm  #5

StillatShales wrote:

I was trying to find out where they play as well.

Here is the remaining schedule when they come into Pgh:
Jan 13th & 15th in pittsburgh vs. aspire acadmey
Jan 20th - mlk classic
Feb 4th vs Kiski School
Feb 19th vs Planet Athlete

I would venture a guess that the Kiski game would be played AT Kiski (1888 Brett Ln, Saltsburg, PA 15681)

The rest, I cant find any info 

Did you have any luck finding Jett's stats for this season?

1/06/2020 3:24 pm  #6

Not yet, but they regularly update their twitter page (@Firstlove_hoops) with highlights and such.

But I'm still digging, I found a couple "paid" sites but I'm not THAT interested

1/06/2020 4:49 pm  #7

StillatShales wrote:

Not yet, but they regularly update their twitter page (@Firstlove_hoops) with highlights and such.

But I'm still digging, I found a couple "paid" sites but I'm not THAT interested

That is precisely why I asked. I can't allow myself to spend money on that data. It's a slippery slope.

1/09/2020 8:00 am  #8

Still can't find where they play home games but I did see that Jett's dad is the CEO at !st Love. 

1/18/2020 9:47 pm  #9

First Love is playing Monday at 12:30 at Woodland Hills.

1/19/2020 9:14 am  #10

Too bad for me; it’s a work day despite the Holiday.  Can we get a reporter out there from the Board?

1/19/2020 12:03 pm  #11

They are showing a lot of the games online and also have replays on some of them.

1/19/2020 12:31 pm  #12

WashPaRick wrote:

They are showing a lot of the games online and also have replays on some of them.

Do you have a link?

1/19/2020 2:58 pm  #13

I'm link illiterate but I typed it in for you. Ballertv.com/events/mlk-weekend-stand-against-violence-showcase

1/19/2020 5:50 pm  #14

WashPaRick wrote:

I'm link illiterate but I typed it in for you. Ballertv.com/events/mlk-weekend-stand-against-violence-showcase

Looks like a pay site, WashPaRick.
https://www.ballertv.com/events/mlk-weekend-stand-against-violence-showcase

1/20/2020 7:28 am  #15

I watched part of a game on replay Friday night without paying. I googled MLK tourney at Woodland Hills and came across it that way.

1/20/2020 12:50 pm  #16

WashPaRick wrote:

I watched part of a game on replay Friday night without paying. I googled MLK tourney at Woodland Hills and came across it that way.

And, what say you on The Jett's performance?

1/20/2020 4:01 pm  #17

Anyone able to watch Jett today?

1/20/2020 4:26 pm  #18

levon1975 wrote:

Anyone able to watch Jett today?

The game was behind a paywall. $19.99 per month or $90 per year on Baller.tv. I was going to watch a little at lunch if it was free.

1/20/2020 9:04 pm  #19

I've been searching around and have found two of the replays that can be watched for free.  still trying to get !st Love. The 2 I found were both local teams involved. Alderdice and West Allegheny so there might be a chance for !st Love.

1/20/2020 9:09 pm  #20

WashPaRick wrote:

I've been searching around and have found two of the replays that can be watched for free.  still trying to get !st Love. The 2 I found were both local teams involved. Alderdice and West Allegheny so there might be a chance for !st Love.

Found it. Google Roxamore Sports Network and they have the replays up.

1/20/2020 10:14 pm  #21

!st Love wins by 1 after bring down 12 in 2nd half. Roesing had 17 with 2A and 3 steals. He was 3 for 10 on 3's and 4 0f 5 on 2's. Made 3 nice drives finishing with pressure. Looks like he can handle the ball a little too.

1/20/2020 11:35 pm  #22

WashPaRick wrote:

!st Love wins by 1 after bring down 12 in 2nd half. Roesing had 17 with 2A and 3 steals. He was 3 for 10 on 3's and 4 0f 5 on 2's. Made 3 nice drives finishing with pressure. Looks like he can handle the ball a little too.

Thanks for the reporting.

1/21/2020 7:51 am  #23

I was impressed with the 3 drives as they were all contested and he did miss one other contested drive. 

1/21/2020 8:07 am  #24

WashPaRick wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Found it. Google Roxamore Sports Network and they have the replays up.

https://www.roxamoresports.com/watch-live.html

2/27/2020 11:33 pm  #25

Just did some youtube searching for recent videos, and came upon some interesting results.
First Love competed in the National High School Hoops Festival at Dematha High School in DC in December, and there are two videos of their games in which they lost. In the first game against Rock Creek Roesing hits at least 6 threes in the video, and down by 20 in the fourth quarter he made 4 of those trying to make a comeback. It's too little too late, but impressive nonetheless that he got his team back in the game with some clutch threes which I'd love to see him be able to do for the Dukes. In the next game against NCA, Roesing again hits several threes. The end of game situation resulted in First Love needing a three to tie it at the buzzer. The ball went to him, but got blocked. In the final recent video I found from late January, First Love Academy plays Lyndhurst and wins, but not with too much Roesing influence, at least on the video. It seems like First Love Adademy is a very talented basketball team and has the types of players that will take it to the hoop successfully so Jett does not much. Honestly, in most of these videos he seems to be like not a huge defensive contributor, and just a spot up shooter on offense... at the high school level. He does have two good dishes in the three videos and these are just highlight tapes so I cannot truly come to that conclusion. While it would be fantastic to have a reliable three point shooter, which I hope Roesing will be for Duquesne, I really hope he has what it takes to play solid D and run a good offense to get some substantial playing time. 
Rock Creek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZKCjqwuQYU
NCA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGmKv2EpMM
Lyndhurst https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s3wVr69mDw

Board footera