Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2020 1:35 pm  #1

NIT Watch

I wanted to compile a list of teams who will qualify as an NIT AQ after they lose as a #1 seed in their tournaments.

This list is meaningless, I think, if Duquesne does not beat Rhody - certainly so if they lose on Thursday - based on my guess as to where they sit on the bubble right now.

Radford (Big South)
Wright State (Horizon)
Northern Iowa (MVC) (on NCAA bubble)

#1 seeds in the finals tonight
Hofstra (CAA)
Colgate (Patriot)
North Dakota St. (Summit)

Note that since NEC regular season champ Merrimack is postseason ineligible, the NEC does not have an NIT AQ. Feel free to root against #1 seed Robert Morris tonight if your heart desires

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/10/2020 1:49 pm  #2

Re: NIT Watch

I decided to go to the game at RMU tonight, just to get a little more excited for the A10 tournament. Couldn't turn down cheap tickets to a game where the teams are playing for March Madness.

3/10/2020 2:13 pm  #3

I did too. If the round of 64 is the best time to be a fan of NCAA basketball, the 2nd best is the finals of these leagues that host games on campus. The atmosphere inside will be fantastic

I hate myself for loving you. Quoting me without the expressed written consent of the National Hockey League is prohibited.

3/10/2020 3:14 pm  #4

yak-rbc wrote:

I wanted to compile a list of teams who will qualify as an NIT AQ after they lose as a #1 seed in their tournaments.

This list is meaningless, I think, if Duquesne does not beat Rhody - certainly so if they lose on Thursday - based on my guess as to where they sit on the bubble right now.

Radford (Big South)
Wright State (Horizon)
Northern Iowa (MVC) (on NCAA bubble)

#1 seeds in the finals tonight
Hofstra (CAA)
Colgate (Patriot)
North Dakota St. (Summit)

Note that since NEC regular season champ Merrimack is postseason ineligible, the NEC does not have an NIT AQ. Feel free to root against #1 seed Robert Morris tonight if your heart desires

Wow.  I did not know that about the NEC auto bid for the NIT.  I just assumed that it went to RMU.  One team's season will end tonight.  Thanks for coming up with this and the other good info that you bring to this board, yak-rbc.

3/10/2020 3:50 pm  #5

We are definitely on the bubble. I'd loosely define the NIT bubble as between 75 and 100 in the NET rankings that the NCAA uses. We're currently 94th. My projections have us on the outside looking in by about four spots. Unfortunately a win over either Fordham or GW won't really help us much since either would be a quad 4 win. I'd say we'd need to beat URI too, and that still wouldn't make us a lock. To my surprise, two of the three NIT bracketology sites I've found have us in the tournament though. See here if anyone's interested:

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/
https://thebarkingcrow.com/nit-bracketology/
https://www.midmajormadness.com/2020/3/9/21170921/nit-bracketology-northern-iowa-ucla-ncaa-tournament-prediction-2020

3/11/2020 6:59 am  #6

Win tomorrow and we're in, thats my opinion.   Obviously, lose and CBI, if KD(and I assume the team) wants to go.   Not sure why they wouldnt this year, last year they were exhausted, this year thats not the case.   I think any tourn experience is a good thing.  But thats for another day.   Just win tomorrow night no matter what.

3/11/2020 8:42 am  #7

townsonkid wrote:

Win tomorrow and we're in, thats my opinion.   Obviously, lose and CBI, if KD(and I assume the team) wants to go.   Not sure why they wouldnt this year, last year they were exhausted, this year thats not the case.   I think any tourn experience is a good thing.  But thats for another day.   Just win tomorrow night no matter what.

Root for the favorites to win in the low and mid major tournaments to avoid NIT auto bids taking up spots.

3/11/2020 9:29 am  #8

For sure, I hope pitt doesnt win the ACC.   

3/11/2020 11:27 am  #9

townsonkid wrote:

For sure, I hope pitt doesnt win the ACC.   

Why waste your time and blood pressure fearing something that has a near zero possibility of happening. 😜

3/11/2020 3:18 pm  #10

All chalk last night. The 3 #1 seeds all won so the NIT bubble remains quite large.

#1 Colgate is in the Patriot League final tonight

3/11/2020 7:08 pm  #11

I've got SMU in as the last at-large with the Dukes the 5th team left out. We need at least two wins to get in, three to be sure of a bid. Let's just go for four and take it all!

3/11/2020 8:29 pm  #12

Well the PalmOlives of Colgate just lost.

Board footera