Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2020 8:41 am  #1

Letter of Intent deadline extended

Now April 15 to August.

4/05/2020 11:09 am  #2

Re: Letter of Intent deadline extended

That sucks.

4/05/2020 3:42 pm  #3

have our 4 signed letters?  Acuff and Roesing have.   what about Baker?    IDC about LOI day if our guys signed their names.

ANd I say that because once a guy signs, he is on that team.  Verbals are nice, btu hold no water until player signs.    Being  a ND football fan, I've seen some big time players we all heard of change and sign someplace else after they verballed to ND(some think to boost their ranking).   

So far to my knowledge, Acoff and the Jett are signed.   Baker and Sin's brother(doubt he leaves) are not.
FWIW, we need Baker.

Last edited by townsonkid (4/05/2020 4:11 pm)

4/05/2020 5:23 pm  #4

The last 2 verbals cannot sign until the 15th. Harris also if he's still coming.

4/05/2020 8:28 pm  #5

I really want the verballed recruits sign on day 1.

I am really hoping that the signings don't prompt a mini run to the transfer portal.

Lamar, Mikey, TDM, Jett, & Acuff would all expect to get at least some of their minutes at the 2.

Life will be good if either Mikey or Acuff is strong enough to command 8-9 minutes a game at PG all the way through the conference season. That should loosen the logjam at 2 guard a bit. Also, getting Sin some rest, building for the future, & having TDM run the point as little as possible all seem very important for short & long term success.

I really like the idea of Maceo & Baker pushing each other to improve rapidly while competing for the 3 spot.

Harris doing an apprenticeship under Marcus while Rotroff & Kelly battle it out to see who will be the center of the future also seems very positive.

Having a 10 player rotation with relatively little fall off between groups is within sight!

4/06/2020 10:39 am  #6

Hope to find out the deal with Harris one way or the other soon. With Marcus being a senior, you'd really like to have his replacement already in the program, rather than having to use a freshman, or a grad transfer.

4/06/2020 11:57 am  #7

I gotta feeling he's coming. He must of played to end of the season as he was at senior night. You would think something would have leaked out if somebody else got in on him. 

Board footera