Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2020 1:42 pm  #1

4/18/2020 2:19 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Sign Three

Dukes need  a power forward to sign this spring.I hope Harris is coming to Duquesne.

4/18/2020 5:32 pm  #3

Does anybody know how DUQ ranks among the other A10 schools in recruiting this year. Has to be pretty high if they can get Harris to add along to Acuff and Okani.

4/18/2020 5:54 pm  #4

Dukes412 wrote:

Does anybody know how DUQ ranks among the other A10 schools in recruiting this year. Has to be pretty high if they can get Harris to add along to Acuff and Okani.

Depends on whose rankings you use. Verbal Commits has all of our recruits as 2 stars. If that's the case, we'd be near the bottom. Doesn't mean that much for this year. Next season will depend mostly on our 3 star players, and whether Maceo, and Lamar can take a step forward. Anything else is gravy.

4/19/2020 7:22 am  #5

Pure speculation, of course, but could the Dukes have Terrance Thompson as their “Plan B” if Andre Harris doesn’t sign?  As far as I could see, TT has not signed with Green Bay or anywhere else, so he could be waiting too.

4/19/2020 8:47 am  #6

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Pure speculation, of course, but could the Dukes have Terrance Thompson as their “Plan B” if Andre Harris doesn’t sign? As far as I could see, TT has not signed with Green Bay or anywhere else, so he could be waiting too.

Good question Phoenix.  We will know soon.  Thompson is set to make his decision this Tuesday.  I really like this kid, and would really fit nicely.  He is a burly muscular power forward with good footwork, who can step outside and shoot the three.  Also played tight end on his HS football team.

4/19/2020 10:53 am  #7

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Pure speculation, of course, but could the Dukes have Terrance Thompson as their “Plan B” if Andre Harris doesn’t sign? As far as I could see, TT has not signed with Green Bay or anywhere else, so he could be waiting too.

Good question Phoenix.  We will know soon.  Thompson is set to make his decision this Tuesday.  I really like this kid, and would really fit nicely.  He is a burly muscular power forward with good footwork, who can step outside and shoot the three.  Also played tight end on his HS football team.

CLK, interesting on the football connection. Some posters were all up in arms when I said that Thompson “reminds” me of Marcus Weathers. I have also seen comments that some opine that Marcus would make a good NFL tight end prospect. 🤔

4/19/2020 11:34 am  #8

Wish our recruits were better then 2 star,  This does not bode well for the future.  Can't we get some Big 10 transfers?, we have to do better.

4/19/2020 12:33 pm  #9

I dont think we can pay any attention to these sites.   There are too many players for them to follow, and efforts will always go to the top 100.  60 of which wont be good.   

I have no idea who or if our next guy will be to sign, kind of more worried who will be leaving from todays roster.   

I’ll sit back and watch it happen.   I like the guys we got already.   And if we are done, i’m still happy.   With 3 leaving for sure next year, KD can recruit big bodies.   And Kelly, Rotroff and/or Ellis will need to step it up.

4/19/2020 12:51 pm  #10

Bilgy wrote:

Wish our recruits were better then 2 star,  This does not bode well for the future.  Can't we get some Big 10 transfers?, we have to do better.

My guess is that if they change the transfer rule next year, KD, and basically all of the coaches at the A10/ AAC/ WCC level, will need to start looking for P5 3 and 4 star players that have either failed, or are stuck behind stud players. The coaches who do a good job of landing these guys will win lots of games.

4/19/2020 3:00 pm  #11

Harris could be talking to other schools and seeing who their new players will be...or maybe hoping he will get an offer from another school he really wants to go to and if not, they he may decide to sign here.  Who knows...all of this is of course speculation.

4/19/2020 3:43 pm  #12

FAM wrote:

Harris could be talking to other schools and seeing who their new players will be...or maybe hoping he will get an offer from another school he really wants to go to and if not, they he may decide to sign here.  Who knows...all of this is of course speculation.

It's musical chairs. Some P5 may have him on hold while they wait for their main target to decide. In the mean time, he knows his spot with the Dukes could disappear, leaving him scrambling if the P5 offer doesn't come through. If Thompson is willing to sign, KD could tell Harris it's now or never. Duquesne is a very good spot for either of them. Come in and play on a very good team, with a starting spot available the following year. There is no logjam of bigs in front of him, so he'd have to be terrible not to play.

4/19/2020 11:02 pm  #13

Your wisdom is impressive as you have identified the unforeseen circumstance to which I referenced several days ago. But again, I am merely a fool of an old man.

4/20/2020 12:12 am  #14

apluski wrote:

But again, I am merely a fool of an old man.

Ha, we all know better than that!

4/20/2020 3:39 am  #15

Very kind. Thank you.

4/20/2020 9:15 am  #16

kids like this often mess around, looking for greener grass, end up going someplace they dont like, transfer 2 times and end up of of bball in 4-5 years.  Obviously I dont know the kid or his situation, but seems like he is on the fence, at best, and every day that goes by I want him less.   Give me someone who wants to be here, and is not settling for DU.

4/20/2020 10:21 am  #17

Speculating on Harris's motives seems unfair. There are nearly limitless possibilities as to why there is a delay in this signing. Yes, some of these possibilities smack of opportunism. However, plenty of others are completely benign.

4/20/2020 2:58 pm  #18

phil95 wrote:

Speculating on Harris's motives seems unfair. There are nearly limitless possibilities as to why there is a delay in this signing. Yes, some of these possibilities smack of opportunism. However, plenty of others are completely benign.

Agreed. Even if he's on the fence, hoping for a better offer, if we actually have Thompson on hold, wouldn't we be guilty of the same thing? Someone could tell Thompson, "screw Duquesne, go to a school that really wants you". See how that works? When someone exercises an advantage over you, folks hate it and complain. When we exercise an advantage over someone else, there are a million justifications offered.

4/20/2020 3:20 pm  #19

duq81 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Agreed. Even if he's on the fence, hoping for a better offer, if we actually have Thompson on hold, wouldn't we be guilty of the same thing? Someone could tell Thompson, "screw Duquesne, go to a school that really wants you". See how that works? When someone exercises an advantage over you, folks hate it and complain. When we exercise an advantage over someone else, there are a million justifications offered.

Wait, stop, you have no clue what is going on with either kid, and neither do I.  We have been recruiting both kids for over a year now,  These kind of speculative comments makes me cringe.  Thompson is a hell of a player and is making his decision tomorrow.  The last thing I think the coach, or any fan would want is for him to read a comment from someone who knows nothing of the situation to make him think he is not really wanted. If you don't think these kids read this board you are sadly mistaken.

4/20/2020 3:55 pm  #20

Thompson tomorrow?   I did not know that.   Could clear up all the speculation PDQ.
Early bid gets the worm.  

4/20/2020 3:57 pm  #21

I agree with Phil.  I don’t think anyone on this board has any information as to the inner workings of the Andre Harris recruitment.  So, please can we just let things play out and stop making assumptions.  Speculation like this can only do harm; and no good.

4/20/2020 4:13 pm  #22

Goodness, so many worry warts. These players are so much tougher and smarter than you guys think.

4/20/2020 4:33 pm  #23

Mike V posted that there is good news for DU fans.  We will see what that means soon.

4/20/2020 8:19 pm  #24

CLK wrote:

Mike V posted that there is good news for DU fans.  We will see what that means soon.

Any news on what it could be?

4/20/2020 8:26 pm  #25

Dukes412 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Any news on what it could be?

I don't like the stirring the pot by Mike V much but since Harris is supposed to be making his decision tomorrow, I'd guess it's that. Unless he was talking about Marcus Santos-Silva announcing his transfer from VCU lol! 
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1252403535381057536

Last edited by BluffHunter (4/20/2020 8:33 pm)

Board footera