Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2020 4:22 pm  #1

Kellon Taylor

just showed up on the transfer portal.

5/03/2020 6:03 pm  #2

Re: Kellon Taylor

WashPaRick wrote:

just showed up on the transfer portal.

Well, he's exhausted his football eligibility. He's not going to get a hoops scholarship here to continue his education, so if there's no NFL in his future, then why not see if some lower level school thinks he's worth a scholarship? Unlike KD, there are coaches who will leave a spot open for unexpected additions. Taylor isn't an A10 level player, but he might be able to contribute at a low major school.

5/04/2020 12:53 am  #3

Hard worker and a good locker room guy just not enough talent to play A10 ball. Did not realize he was still on basketball scholarship. Knew he was still playing football. Could see him go to a NEC or PSAC school for grad athletic chance.

5/04/2020 3:13 am  #4

Very interested to see where he goes, he definitely has the ability to be a force in a low major conference. Super talented and it was awesome to have a two sport athlete play for the Dukes.

5/04/2020 9:03 am  #5

Dukes412 wrote:

Hard worker and a good locker room guy just not enough talent to play A10 ball. Did not realize he was still on basketball scholarship. Knew he was still playing football. Could see him go to a NEC or PSAC school for grad athletic chance.

He was never on a basketball scholarship. He was on one for football. He has one year of eligibility left for hoops, so he's looking to leverage that into his first year of grad school. Smart move. I'm thinking NEC, or MEAC, but I guess D2 if there's no D1 offer.

5/04/2020 11:07 am  #6

Dukes412 wrote:

When our scholarship math started to not work out we discussed on this board how any player who is recruited to play basketball and gets money from the school counts against the basketball scholarship limit, even if the scholarship is academic. In a similar way (and for the same reason, to eliminate shiesty coaches with too much power) any athlete who plays football and gets an athletic scholarship counts against the football scholarship limit, even if the scholarship is for a different sport. He never had a basketball scholarship, but even if football wasn't his "first" sport he would have counted against football.

He has used up his football eligibility, so if he were to transfer anywhere he wouldn't be able to play football anyway. Since he didn't play any basketball this season, he still has one year of basketball eligibility. As a graduate transfer he'd be eligible immediately. So he's looking for a basketball scholarship. I wish him the best of luck, but don't know if he'll be able to find one. If he is, it certainly would be a lower level like you mentioned.

5/11/2020 7:50 pm  #7

KT has signed with University of Albany, congratulations to him on getting the opportunity to play another year of college sports! They finished 6th in the America East last season, and went 14-18 overall.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1260001858816524291

5/11/2020 9:25 pm  #8

From Instagram,
"Thank you Duquense University🎩 for a great 4 years, this university gave me the opportunity to live out a dream of mine which was playing football and basketball at the collegiate level, for that I am forever grateful...For my next chapter I have decided to grad transfer to the University of Albany🐶🏀 to play basketball for my last year of eligibility, thank you to Coach Brown for recruiting me and giving me the opportunity to live out another dream of mine #LLJB🖤💙#LLUncleWhite🖤💙 @ualbany_mbb"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAEcJcvps9k/

5/11/2020 11:11 pm  #9

Nice landing spot. Get to play, and work towards a masters degree that will open doors.

5/13/2020 2:52 am  #10

5/13/2020 3:40 am  #11

Great article! Love how Kellon said he expected to go to a D2 program but when his name went in the portal he got multiple D1 schools checking on him! Hope he can be a major factor in the AE, I think he's capable of impressing everybody.

Board footera