Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2020 11:21 am  #26

Re: Mounir Hima commits to Duquesne - 6'11 Center

ElDuque wrote:

Our fan base has a really cruddy reputation. There are good, loyal fans, but there are others who treat the program like they're watching 90-Day Fiancé.

I'll talk to the good ones on Twitter. Rest of yinz, I'm outta here. 

I don't have Twitter account so I guess I know where I fit in.

5/09/2020 12:14 pm  #27

We have 2 Jersey kids coming in and Miller and El Duque heading out.

5/09/2020 1:10 pm  #28

Haven't seen any names mentioned or anyone being mean...as one of my favorite posters said a while back...maybe posting or reading on this board isn't for everyone.  If one feels folks are being mean - that the coach is being meanly called out - etc. then that is their perspective.  I haven't read that.  Again, that same person said that this board is mild and I agree.  Go Dukes!

5/09/2020 1:13 pm  #29

I have watched several full game videos of St Benedict's the one below was perhaps Hima's  best game and shows his potential.  He only played in 11 games last season probably due to injury but came on strong in games played after January.  For those who are bored, and sports starved, like me a this is a good way to spend an hour. 

5/09/2020 1:21 pm  #30

Thanks CLK, I'll have to check it out!

5/10/2020 12:26 am  #31

Him's Destroys Backboard Jan 2019

https://www.app.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2019/01/27/ranney-scottie-lewis-bryan-antoine-paul-mulcahy/2659042002/

"A weird day at Kean"

"Around 3 p.m. on Sunday, there was a buzz outside Harwood. A short time earlier, as St. Benedict's Prep and Nazareth of Brooklyn went going through layup lines, Gray Bees 7 foot junior Abdoul Mounir Hima shattered a backboard.
The gym was cleared, that backboard stayed untouched for a while, and tournament officials surveyed their options. Long story short, as another backboard inside Harwood was taken down to replace the shattered one, St. Benedict's Prep and Nazareth played on a side court with half the bleachers closed."

5/10/2020 1:54 am  #32

CLK thanks for the link I'll give it a watch! By any chance have you found any clips from Okani's time at Benedicts with both on the court at the same time? And Apluski, that's hilarious! Good find!

5/11/2020 10:56 am  #33

I wish one of the local media would do more of a in depth article on Hima.  He is an interesting story.  As near as I can determine he came to the US in the summer of 2017.  He attended St. Mary's NJ for two years 2017--2018 HS Sophomore & 2018-2019 HS Junior.  He transferred to St. Benedict's for his senior year.  There is not anything I could find for his Sophomore season, and that he only played in one game for St. Mary's his Junior season.  I can't find any information as to why.  Could be eligibility, could be injury?  I did find this little blurb about him when he made his first appearance in the US.  

It was at Sportika just last month that French-born Abdoul Mounir Mohamadou-Hima made his United States debut, playing with the NJ Roadrunners 15U outfit in Elevate Hoops’ Spring Showdown event. The 6-foot-10 freshman, who goes by his middle name, has already made waves in his short time in the U.S., and showed today why he has the potential to be a top-100 level recruit in the 2020 class. Mohamadou-Hima moves like a guard, operating mostly on the perimeter right now due to his slender frame, and despite his relative lack of experience, displays a strong feel for the game already. While he’s no slouch on the offensive end, his defense is still where he makes the biggest impact at this time, as he sports a scary combination of length and instincts to affect shots around the rim, but also has the ability to stay in front of smaller players on the perimeter. Attending St. Mary of the Assumption in Elizabeth, expect Mohamadou-Hima to turn plenty of heads come July when college coaches get their first extended look at the young big man.

5/11/2020 11:28 am  #34

CLK wrote:

I wish one of the local media would do more of a in depth article on Hima.  He is an interesting story.  As near as I can determine he came to the US in the summer of 2017.  He attended St. Mary's NJ for two years 2017--2018 HS Sophomore & 2018-2019 HS Junior.  He transferred to St. Benedict's for his senior year.  There is not anything I could find for his Sophomore season, and that he only played in one game for St. Mary's his Junior season.  I can't find any information as to why.  Could be eligibility, could be injury?  I did find this little blurb about him when he made his first appearance in the US.  

It was at Sportika just last month that French-born Abdoul Mounir Mohamadou-Hima made his United States debut, playing with the NJ Roadrunners 15U outfit in Elevate Hoops’ Spring Showdown event. The 6-foot-10 freshman, who goes by his middle name, has already made waves in his short time in the U.S., and showed today why he has the potential to be a top-100 level recruit in the 2020 class. Mohamadou-Hima moves like a guard, operating mostly on the perimeter right now due to his slender frame, and despite his relative lack of experience, displays a strong feel for the game already. While he’s no slouch on the offensive end, his defense is still where he makes the biggest impact at this time, as he sports a scary combination of length and instincts to affect shots around the rim, but also has the ability to stay in front of smaller players on the perimeter. Attending St. Mary of the Assumption in Elizabeth, expect Mohamadou-Hima to turn plenty of heads come July when college coaches get their first extended look at the young big man.

I could've sworn I read somewhere, "Would have been a high major recruit if not due to leg injury" or something along those lines but I can't find it anymore

Last edited by BluffHunter (5/11/2020 11:28 am)

5/11/2020 12:32 pm  #35

Bluff:  It was in the Pittsburgh Sports Now Article...mentioned his leg injury.

5/11/2020 7:53 pm  #36

If he was only at Benedicts his senior season, him and Okani may not even know eachother. Okani was gone by the time he arrived.

5/13/2020 12:10 pm  #37

5/13/2020 2:31 pm  #38

Says he is 205 pounds, looks to be more.   He isnt skin and bones.   And has body control for someone that tall and young.   This roster has everything a coach could want, experience, depth, height, speed, shooters, a scorer or 2 now. plenty of youth and a coach who knows what its going to take.    The time is now folks, the next couple years are important.

5/13/2020 3:14 pm  #39

He is at least 220,Broad shoulders.If he works hard the ceiling for this guy is NBA high.If stays injury free
 Dambrot will turn him into a frickin monster.Hes got speed, quickness,needs strength and practice with a nice pair of hands and a soft touch.How bad does he want it?

5/13/2020 5:56 pm  #40

stew wrote:

He is at least 220,Broad shoulders.If he works hard the ceiling for this guy is NBA high.If stays injury free
 Dambrot will turn him into a frickin monster.Hes got speed, quickness,needs strength and practice with a nice pair of hands and a soft touch.How bad does he want it?

I watched 3 complete games.  Mounir has more upside than any Dukes freshman big as long as I have been a fan. He is the sort of "not-really-a-project" big man that has eluded the program for decades.

Stew makes the relevant points here; adding strength, coached-up offensive & defensive technique, continued good health, & passion. 

Board footera