Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2013 3:39 pm  #1

Datt transfers to Fairmont State

Fairmont State Hoops ‏@Fairmont_Hoops Welcome Mamadou Datt! 6'9 transfer from Duquesne University. Great player. Athletic and long. Will help our frontline tremendously.

6/28/2013 3:44 pm  #2

Re: Datt transfers to Fairmont State

I am glad to see that Datt was able to transfer to another school so quickly.  I wish him all the best. 

Now the next question to be answered is do we have a surprise signing this summer, of will the scholarship be held for next year?

6/28/2013 4:04 pm  #3

Any chance we'll land Jeter and Pitt FB R Shell this summer?

6/28/2013 4:05 pm  #4

I will be surprised if there is not a signing.

6/28/2013 4:52 pm  #5

VBC wrote:

I would have to think that they didnt make this move in a vacuum. Really happy for Datt and I hope it's a better fit for him, academically and athletically.

6/28/2013 9:40 pm  #6

Did Abele land anywhere?

6/28/2013 10:26 pm  #7

Obviously this has been in the works for a while. If we can't land a player who can really help us, hold it for the fall.

6/28/2013 11:54 pm  #8

VBC wrote:

Maybe a bit of Newton's Third Law of Motion -- Fa=-Fb? Also known as action/reaction -- both forces are part of a single interaction, and neither force exists without the other. Ferry has someone lined-up and Datt's dramatic exit is triggering the action/reaction summer signing.

7/28/2013 1:24 pm  #9

Looks like Able is also transferring to Fairmont State.

Fairmont State Hoops ‏@Fairmont_Hoops Here's the newest Falcon!! Martins Abele from Duquesne!!! pic.twitter.com/PsxBHUEwfB

Last edited by CLK (7/28/2013 1:28 pm)

7/28/2013 2:58 pm  #10

Jarrod Harris does not seem adverse to a bit of hyperbole, does he?

No one was a bigger fan of Abele than me, but comparing him to Yao Ming and saying that he helped elevate players around him? You'd wonder why Ferry didn't go chasing back after him after reading a clip like that!

7/28/2013 4:28 pm  #11

ElDuque wrote:

Jarrod Harris does not seem adverse to a bit of hyperbole, does he?

No one was a bigger fan of Abele than me, but comparing him to Yao Ming and saying that he helped elevate players around him? You'd wonder why Ferry didn't go chasing back after him after reading a clip like that!

Is that the same Abele that played for Duquesne University? Was there an Abele in another dimension that played for Duquesne because (as much as I loved his effort while on the court for us) there is absolutely no correlation between that player and the one in the Fairmont newspaper. Jarrod Harris better be careful with the feelings of high that hype brings because it's a long way down if someone doesn't live up to an over-hyped situation. Very slippery (sorry, slippy) slope, indeed.

Board footera