Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2013 9:23 pm  #1

Non-conf is a joke

NJIT and many other stiffs. Boo!

6/29/2013 8:07 am  #2

Re: Non-conf is a joke

Last year NJIT's noncon schedule included Villanova, Providence, St. Johns, Seton Hall, and Penn. Two of those games were one-point losses, and the biggest margin against those teams was 10 points.

Does that change anybody's opinion?

6/29/2013 8:37 am  #3

For recruiting purposes, I like the Dukes playing one road game in the New York area or in Texas every year. Of course, I'd prefer to play someone better than NJIT and closer to where people live than Texas Pan - Am

6/29/2013 8:49 pm  #4

St. John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Manhattan, LIU, Princeton, FDU, Rider, Monmouth, St. Peter's ... to name a few. A Wednesday night in late January is a little challenging for me. I'll try to be there, but this is a tricky one for me. My best friend is an NJIT graduate and losing to them would be rough for me.

6/29/2013 10:45 pm  #5

applecorps wrote:

Last year NJIT's noncon schedule included Villanova, Providence, St. Johns, Seton Hall, and Penn. Two of those games were one-point losses, and the biggest margin against those teams was 10 points.

Not a ton when all their top four graduated.  Note they also lost to the second worst RPI team in the country in New Orleans last year, a team we blew out last year. 

I also am not terribly impressed by a one point loss to Providence (in the season opener when you never know what you'll get from some teams) nor an awful Penn team last year.

If you remember us playing USC-Upstate a couple of years ago...they played a lot of teams close too.  Fairly similar IMO, and practically everyone was calling them a cupcake.

6/29/2013 11:55 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

St. John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Manhattan, LIU, Princeton, FDU, Rider, Monmouth, St. Peter's ... to name a few. A Wednesday night in late January is a little challenging for me. I'll try to be there, but this is a tricky one for me. My best friend is an NJIT graduate and losing to them would be rough for me.

St. John's and Seton Hall would never lower themselves to play "garbage" like Duquesne.

Actually, we're the type of team BE schools avoid like the plague. No benefit to beating us, but somewhat dangerous, especially to BE also-rans.

6/30/2013 9:04 am  #7

St. John's and Seton Hall are both irrelevant right now. Just saying.

I hope the team chemistry happens quickly this year for us. I honestly don't know what to expect out of this team. When I make my prediction, I will probably pick an embarrasingly low win total, only because I want to enjoy the season and anything above the El Duque line will be cherries on a sundae. I'm pretty sure Soko will be a key player for us, but with virtually everyone being new, it's hard to see where everyone fits.

I just want to enjoy basketball again.

7/01/2013 1:30 pm  #8

applecorps wrote:

Not mine.  

7/02/2013 8:41 am  #9

townsonkid wrote:

applecorps wrote:

Not mine.  

Glad for the two expressions of confidence that the NJ game is a "cupcake.". When the game approaches and the betting line (if there is one) comes out, I guess you guys will confidently bet a couple hundred on the Dukes.

7/02/2013 10:58 am  #10

I dont bet.  But if you influence the line, the Dukes will be getting 50 pts, so I might as well take them.

Last edited by townsonkid (7/02/2013 10:58 am)

Board footera