Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2020 8:24 pm  #1

6/01/2020 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Austin Rotroff determined to earn bigger role at Duquesne

Best of luck to him. I know his parents show up at the games. he started picking up his game towards the end of the season which may have been attributable to his leg getting stronger

6/02/2020 12:32 am  #3

After the VCU game Dambrot was very clear saying they were not going to win that game without him. I think he has the potential for sure he was really playing well at the end of the season!

6/02/2020 9:18 am  #4

BluffHunter wrote:

After the VCU game Dambrot was very clear saying they were not going to win that game without him. I think he has the potential for sure he was really playing well at the end of the season!

He'll have the opportunity to step into Baylee's role. If he doesn't grab it, KD will move on to the next man.

6/02/2020 9:36 am  #5

duq81 wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

He'll have the opportunity to step into Baylee's role. If he doesn't grab it, KD will move on to the next man.

So very true, duq81.  I remember Austin's first game as a Duke vs. William and Mary; he looked like a young Larry Bird.  Had 17 points in 20 minutes, 6 for 7 from the field (and 3-3 on 3 pointers), 2-2 from the line, 7 rebounds; probably would have had more if he didn't foul out.  Funny stat...  he hasn't made a 3 pointer since (only took 4 more 3 point shots in total since that first game).
https://goduquesne.com/news/2018/11/10/mens-basketball-balanced-dukes-take-down-tribe.aspx

6/02/2020 1:39 pm  #6

duq81 wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

I feel confident that both he & Kelly could fill Baylee’s role which was HUGE. If not we have a problem Houston. Nice article.

6/02/2020 9:09 pm  #7

Ironduke81 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

I feel confident that both he & Kelly could fill Baylee’s role which was HUGE. If not we have a problem Houston. Nice article.

Hell yeah, but maybe with less of an outside presence and more playing down low. I feel like Amari is undervalued even in a lot of our eyes. In my opinion he was already a force his freshman year and will be a huge part of the team next year. The single issue with him was how fast he got into foul trouble. Once he gets that figured out he has the potential to win awards. Him or Rotroff could possibly be next seasons A-10 6th man of the year. 

Last edited by BluffHunter (6/02/2020 9:10 pm)

Board footera