Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2020 7:19 am  #1

Question From The Rotroff Interview

The interviewer mention that in addition to Austin Duquesne has two 6' 11" players. Austin sounded like that statement was correct or just went along with it.
Bad research or something else?

6/21/2020 8:47 am  #2

Re: Question From The Rotroff Interview

As current roster goes he would mean James Ellis and Mounir Hima

6/21/2020 12:11 pm  #3

I thought Mounir Hima had not signed and I didn't see his name on the roster that was released? I was excited about Mounir so I hope you are correct.

6/22/2020 9:16 pm  #4

Well  as of this month we know about Mounir Hima but the player apparently leaving was a surprise.

6/23/2020 7:10 am  #5

Who is leaving?

6/23/2020 7:24 am  #6

apluski wrote:

Well as of this month we know about Mounir Hima but the player apparently leaving was a surprise.

Big surprise indeed. Wow

6/23/2020 8:22 am  #7

Ironduke81 wrote:

apluski wrote:

Well as of this month we know about Mounir Hima but the player apparently leaving was a surprise.

Big surprise indeed. Wow

Please explain.

6/23/2020 8:24 am  #8

Exactly?

6/23/2020 9:45 am  #9

Being that the interviewer was mainly focused on Rotroff being a local kid done good I suspect he just looked at the roster that's available, which is still last years, and was counting Steele and Ellis as the 6'11 guys. Given the tone of the interview I'd be shocked if he even knew who Mounir Hima was.

6/23/2020 9:58 am  #10

Not that there are many/any good sites for info on the Dukes, I saw nothing regarding anyone leaving.   

6/23/2020 10:04 am  #11

From the previous postings i read it as someone has knowledge of the identity but i was also unable to find any info.

6/23/2020 10:49 am  #12

I see Rottrof getting a shot at Steele’s minutes this season.  He would need to regain his footwork and mobility but I think it will come back.  The post surgery loss of mobility and general awkwardness should be gone by pre season practice.  The other issue would be replacing the physicality of Steele.  I’d like to see a more physical presence from Rottroff.  Hopefully he had a good weight set at home!

6/23/2020 10:50 am  #13

I apologize for the delay. I'm not used to responses to my posts. As of two weeks ago, Jon Rothstein has this projection for this year's team:

Duquesne

Projected Starting 5:

G Tavian Dunn-Martin

G Sincere Carry

F Maceo Austin

F Marcus Weathers

C Michael Hughes

Key Losses: Baylee Steele

Key Newcomers: Tyson Acuff, Toby Okani, Chad Baker, Mike Bekelja, Andre Harris, Jett Roesing, Mounir Hima

Sit Out Transfers: None

Projected Bench: Lamar Norman, Tyson Acuff, Toby Okani, Chad Baker, Mike Bekelja, Andre Harris, Jett Roesing, Austin Rotroff, Amari Kelly, Mounir Hima

Whose name is missing? Rothstein's research is good. Read the entire report at:

Atlantic 10 Offseason Breakdown - College Hoops Today https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php

6/23/2020 11:18 am  #14

Ellis.  But since Duquesne did not even get the roster right, why would the Rothstein’s of the world.  As always on this topic, just wait and see.

6/23/2020 12:47 pm  #15

Good point. But ask yourself, why was th earlier 2020 roster deleted so quickly? My guess is that it was inaccurate. At this point , close to reopening, I think Rothstein's info is likely accurate. But as a wise man said, "As always on this topic, just wait and see."

6/23/2020 2:22 pm  #16

I did ask myself that.  The roster listing was a strange thing.  Oh - and thanks for the compliment.

6/23/2020 4:56 pm  #17

apluski wrote:

Good point. But ask yourself, why was th earlier 2020 roster deleted so quickly? My guess is that it was inaccurate. At this point , close to reopening, I think Rothstein's info is likely accurate. But as a wise man said, "As always on this topic, just wait and see."

I don't know how much faith you can put in Rothstein. After all, he has TDM as a starter instead of Lamar. After last year, I'd be surprised if that happened. TDM is better coming off the bench. If Lamar proves not worthy of a starting spot, I'd expect to see Acuff in there.

6/23/2020 7:11 pm  #18

Rothstein is certainly not above reproach however, in this instance, we look not to his talent in choosing starting line-ups but to his keen knowledge of a school's roster.

6/23/2020 9:09 pm  #19

apluski wrote:

Rothstein is certainly not above reproach however, in this instance, we look not to his talent in choosing starting line-ups but to his keen knowledge of a school's roster.

I just wonder how much he's paying attention though. It's not a question of his predicting the lineup. Lamar was the starter, not TDM, so it just makes me wonder how much attention he actually paid to Duquesne. That said, if I had to guess, I'd agree that the person in question is one of the odd men out. The big question is who else joins him, or is someone not on scholarship. We're two over the limit, even with that player removed. I keep watching the transfer portal, nothing.

6/23/2020 9:33 pm  #20

TDM will not start over LaMar.

6/23/2020 10:58 pm  #21

duq81 wrote:

apluski wrote:

I just wonder how much he's paying attention though. It's not a question of his predicting the lineup. Lamar was the starter, not TDM, so it just makes me wonder how much attention he actually paid to Duquesne. That said, if I had to guess, I'd agree that the person in question is one of the odd men out. The big question is who else joins him, or is someone not on scholarship. We're two over the limit, even with that player removed. I keep watching the transfer portal, nothing.

I must say that I am surely perplexed by that as well.

6/24/2020 7:45 am  #22

apluski wrote:

duq81 wrote:

apluski wrote:

I must say that I am surely perplexed by that as well.

We're hiring a man to get to the bottom of this.

Board footera