Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2020 8:56 am  #26

Re: Ellis to transfer?

townsonkid wrote:

If Hima is on a scholarship, then 2 of these have to go, if he isnt, then 1....
pick your poison
Tavian Dunn-MartinMarcus WeathersMichael HughesLamar Norman Jr.Austin RotroffSincere CarryAmari KellyMaceo Austin

No point speculating. Ellis was easy, now it's not. I do wish things were more transparent.

6/30/2020 9:18 am  #27

duq81 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

If Hima is on a scholarship, then 2 of these have to go, if he isnt, then 1....
pick your poison
Tavian Dunn-MartinMarcus WeathersMichael HughesLamar Norman Jr.Austin RotroffSincere CarryAmari KellyMaceo Austin

No point speculating. Ellis was easy, now it's not. I do wish things were more transparent.

Agreed, duq81. Speculation by any of us who aren't part of the team is a useless waste of energy. Not that I know anything beyond what I hear or read. But to suggest that any of the above names are leaving at this point would be highly irrational. It is my opinion that this team is set in stone now. The scholarships go as far as they can go. The overflow remains without a scholarship(s). It's pretty simple: Keith Dambrot is a saavy college basketball coach who has the answers that we don't have. I know, I know, it's a discussion board. Yep. But I've said this before, and I'm sure I come across as a know-it-all: Some of the speculation that goes on here is mind-boggling. You'd think Duquesne was the only program in America with these sorts of scenarios. Way too much fretting for me. I think you'll see a roster with everyone on it who is remaining right now. If that means someone redshirts or pays his own way for a year or some other similar arrangement, what's so strange about that? Virtually every program in America has those "problems." I am certain this coaching staff is totally in control. This season (hopefully, we have one) is going to be dynamite.

6/30/2020 11:59 am  #28

Crosseye, I couldn't have said it better myself.  As the wise Professor has said, "time will tell"!!!!  I have to add that I sooooo hope we play this year, this team will be talented and stacked with depth.  Last year lacking some depth hurt us at various times.  GO DUKES!!!!

6/30/2020 12:25 pm  #29

I wasnt speculating, I was stating facts.   If you want to guess or dream about who might leave, go ahead.  I was not doing that.  Never said the coaching staff didnt know what they were doing either.   
I simply listed the non-freshman players on roster.   Wherever you take it from there is your deal.

6/30/2020 1:06 pm  #30

townsonkid wrote:

I wasnt speculating, I was stating facts.   If you want to guess or dream about who might leave, go ahead.  I was not doing that.  Never said the coaching staff didnt know what they were doing either.   
I simply listed the non-freshman players on roster.   Wherever you take it from there is your deal.

"If Hima is on a scholarship, then 2 of these have to go, if he isnt, then 1....
pick your poison"

Maybe I misunderstood you. No offense, but this sounds like speculation. 

6/30/2020 1:57 pm  #31

thats not speculation.  Thats fact.  13 scholarships per team.   
8 non-freshman on the roster
6 freshman have signed a letter of intent
1 has verbal to DU(Hima)
http://verbalcommits.com/schools/duquesne

Speculation is nothing more than guessing.   There is no guessing above.  13 is 13.

And, I am not smart enough to speculate.   

Last edited by townsonkid (6/30/2020 2:46 pm)

6/30/2020 4:18 pm  #32

Probably real simple.  Whether walk on, non qualifier, or something else.  15 in the fold and until I see otherwise 13 is not 13, it is 15 and I am fine with it.

6/30/2020 5:39 pm  #33

kcc173 wrote:

Probably real simple. Whether walk on, non qualifier, or something else. 15 in the fold and until I see otherwise 13 is not 13, it is 15 and I am fine with it.

Exactly.

7/01/2020 12:55 am  #34

"The National Letter of Intent is voluntary and not required for a student-athlete to receive financial aid or participate in sports"

https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars?division=d1

7/02/2020 5:36 pm  #36

I very pleased that James acknowledged “ it’s class first at Duquesne”. Coach Dambrot has been very successful without The prostitution Of the men’s program in demanding the players to obtain their education. Feel sorry for the teachers & students at Westinghouse HS if indeed James alluded to an inferior education. Maybe I misinterpreted his statement. 

7/02/2020 9:38 pm  #37

Good on James for opening up about his mistakes of the past and goals of the future. I would absolutely love to see him turn it all around and become the next juco stud. I agree Ironduke81, it's sad to read some of his statements because if the main issue for him was keeping up in class maybe it was just confidence issues with himself believing he can't keep up in that environment. I'll always wonder what could have been.

8/07/2020 3:59 pm  #38

He’s on the move again...
Pearl River in Mississippi

https://twitter.com/prccathletics/status/1291784103440900096

8/07/2020 5:47 pm  #39

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

He’s on the move again...
Pearl River in Mississippi

https://twitter.com/prccathletics/status/1291784103440900096

Pearl River went undefeated last season and has sucess in moving some of their players into some higher level basketball schools. James has so much potential which I hope he finally gets to put into play. It's a shame that ability didn't blossom while at Duquesne. I wish Ellis the very best in getting his life on track.

8/07/2020 5:58 pm  #40

Did the league Tallahassee plays in cancel the season due to covid? Maybe he is just trying to go to a school where he will get to play this season.

8/12/2020 5:31 pm  #41

BluffHunter wrote:

Did the league Tallahassee plays in cancel the season due to covid? Maybe he is just trying to go to a school where he will get to play this season.

About a month ago NJCAA pushed all fall sports to a January start.  Don't think anybody is cancelling season yet.  Nothing on TCC website.

https://www.njcaa.org/general/2019-20/releases/20200713l9o7t8

Board footera