Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2020 2:38 pm  #1

Are Dukes going to have a season?

Does not look very good unless season starts in March and hopefully a vaccine is available.I am sick thinking
about Duquesne not playing.I thought at worst a NIT team with a legit chance at NCAAs.
 What do you think?Prayers for a miracle.

8/12/2020 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Are Dukes going to have a season?

Putin claims he has a vaccine. Perhaps after he uses his people as guinea pigs, it will be proven to work, and we can escape this mess a few months early.

8/15/2020 4:58 pm  #3

Worse yet the NCAA Comish is talking about a 32 team bubble tournament. Good luck with a non Power 5 program.He wants to save his 4 mil salary & screw the mid majors. Not good

8/16/2020 12:14 pm  #4

duq81 wrote:

Putin claims he has a vaccine. Perhaps after he uses his people as guinea pigs, it will be proven to work, and we can escape this mess a few months early.

So, just to let you know I was given the opportunity to take the Russian Covid19 vaccination yesterday and can tell you there are absolutely no negative sideffski efectovski secundariosvki Кто может это прочитать Обожаю Владимира Путина!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

8/16/2020 4:25 pm  #5

Tejas_Duke wrote:

duq81 wrote:

So, just to let you know I was given the opportunity to take the Russian Covid19 vaccination yesterday and can tell you there are absolutely no negative sideffski efectovski secundariosvki Кто может это прочитать Обожаю Владимира Путина!

The Latin stuff is one thing. The Russian letters are a whole new level! 

8/16/2020 5:37 pm  #6

I think apulski can interpret this

8/17/2020 2:47 am  #7

"Tejas Duke is saying " fake word, fake word, fake word who can read this I love Vladimir Putin" to you"
Does that catch the the spirit of it Tejas Duke, mój dobry przyjaciel?

8/17/2020 10:18 pm  #8

apluski wrote:

"Tejas Duke is saying " fake word, fake word, fake word who can read this I love Vladimir Putin" to you"
Does that catch the the spirit of it Tejas Duke, mój dobry przyjaciel?

I don't know, I just stole it off Twitter 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

9/10/2020 8:46 am  #9

9/10/2020 11:07 am  #10

PR2 thanks for the article.  I don't see how moving a non conference start to Thanksgiving helps.  Yes the students will be on break, but if the players are attending class they would be mingling with other students right up until the break. I am assuming that until there is a vaccine available the game attendance will be restricted.   It just seems that skipping playing over Thanksgiving holiday (the busiest travel period of the year) makes more sense. 

Secondly I just do not understand haw a non conference bubble could work.  It sounds extremely cost prohibitive for smaller schools who do not have lucrative TV packages. and way too complicated to coordinate scheduling the "Bubbles".   

I am hopeful that there will be some type of season, but like you said nothing about it will be normal.

9/10/2020 11:46 am  #11

I would think the reasoning for the start around Thanksgiving would be to allow the traditional tournaments to be played. Being that they are all set in tourist locations, they probably would be "bubble-able" if so inclined. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but that's what I imagine the logic would be. I have to agree with you that outside of a tournament situation I don't see how non-conference bubbles would work. I'm not even sure conference bubbles could work logistically. If football works without a bubble, the point would probably be rendered moot anyway.

9/10/2020 1:03 pm  #12

The concern with starting any sport around Thanksgiving is the normal flu season will be gathering momentum, as it usually has a big increase in flu cases after Thanksgiving due to the the typical family/group gatherings.  Getting hit with both flu and Covid would be a deadly combination for a lot of people. 

9/10/2020 3:37 pm  #13

levon1975 wrote:

The concern with starting any sport around Thanksgiving is the normal flu season will be gathering momentum, as it usually has a big increase in flu cases after Thanksgiving due to the the typical family/group gatherings.  Getting hit with both flu and Covid would be a deadly combination for a lot of people. 

If the players in those tournaments are in a bubble, they won't be attending those family gatherings. It would put the players in the terrible position of having to decide between team and family, but when has the NCAA ever thought things through logically?

Board footera