Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2020 9:30 am  #1

ACC proposes all D1 teams be invited to NCAA Tournament this year

Seems like this could happen.  Being done to celebrate college basketball  NCAA seems receptive.  Let's see where this goes. 

The ACC coaches will propose an all-inclusive NCAA tournament, sources told
@stadium. The coaches just finished the call and voted unanimously on this.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1303696575328333824

9/09/2020 11:06 am  #2

Re: ACC proposes all D1 teams be invited to NCAA Tournament this year

All I want in this tournament is a chance to beat the hell out of our neighbors from Oakland ,the cats without
a backbone.2 miles away and and in fear of that Uptown school.

9/10/2020 8:17 am  #3

Not going to happen

9/10/2020 11:38 am  #4

I have to say I hope it doesn't happen. If everyone makes the tournament, then why bother playing the regular season at all? Would everyone really play 15-30 games just for seeding? Plus it would ruin any attempt at historical statistics.

I can get behind expanding the tournament because of a limited regular season, but the most I could see being anything close to reasonable would be 192. The regular season would cut the field down to roughly half. Every team that has any argument at deserving to be in would be. Illinois State went 9-21 in the Missouri Valley last year and finished just outside that 192. Does anybody really think they should be in the tournament?

9/10/2020 12:37 pm  #5

luckymcd wrote:

Every team that has any argument at deserving to be in would be. Illinois State went 9-21 in the Missouri Valley last year and finished just outside that 192. Does anybody really think they should be in the tournament?

You could cut it down to 96, and that would still be true. We'd have been near the cut line with last year's team. While I enjoyed last season immensely, the Dukes were not an NCAA Tournament caliber team. They were borderline NIT, and probably needed some wins in Brooklyn to get that. That's the type of team that would fall on the wrong side of the bubble with 96 teams, and I'd have no problem with that.

9/10/2020 3:32 pm  #6

I'm certainly not advocating for 192. I'd agree 96 is probably a good number. I was simply saying I can't see any way that more than 192 makes sense. A 353 team tournament is completely ludicrous.

Board footera