Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2020 11:28 am  #1

Interested in recruiting

How many scholarships available?Dambrots strength in recruiting was establishing relationships with potential
recruits,showing up at every AAU game that they played and being there to talk to the player.That didnt happen this summer.Worried because of no committments.

9/24/2020 6:50 pm  #2

Re: Interested in recruiting

stew wrote:

How many scholarships available?Dambrots strength in recruiting was establishing relationships with potential
recruits,showing up at every AAU game that they played and being there to talk to the player.That didnt happen this summer.Worried because of no committments.

I don't expect him to bring in that many guys this year. Some of those guys who are not on scholarship this year, will be next year, which will take up a spot, maybe two. Verbal commits has him with one offer out, a pg to replace Sincere. At some point, you have the players you want in place, and you stop bringing in 5-6 players a year. We may be at that place. If he thinks he has the right mix in place, he's not going to bring in a bunch of guys to sit behind them. If he's not getting interest from the guys he really wants, the best move may be to wait until spring. If we have the big year we think we're gonna have, he'll not only have something better to sell in the spring, he'll have something better to sell for the following year, plus he'll be recruiting guys to play behind upperclassmen, as opposed to having to play behind sophomores who could block them for 3 years.

9/28/2020 9:39 am  #3

Maybe we wont have another mass exodus at the end of the season, the roster remains the same with the exception of the three grad transfer guys.   Would only have room for 1 player if my memory & math is right(assuming NCAA goes back to 13 scholarship players).  Maybe its room for 2.   Who knows.    

Last edited by townsonkid (9/28/2020 9:40 am)

9/28/2020 8:17 pm  #4

townsonkid wrote:

Maybe we wont have another mass exodus at the end of the season, the roster remains the same with the exception of the three grad transfer guys.   Would only have room for 1 player if my memory & math is right(assuming NCAA goes back to 13 scholarship players).  Maybe its room for 2.   Who knows.    

That's what I'm thinking. KD now has his guys, now the turnover slows down. It makes sense. Early in a rebuild, a coach kind of gets a pass for a lot of roster movement, as it may be necessary to build up his roster. After a certain point, he no longer gets that pass, and the competition can paint him as a coach who "runs guys off", if a high rate of turnover continues.

10/12/2020 12:49 pm  #5

Didn’t want a sep. thread so I thought I’d put this here.  Congrats to the Lakers and LeBron James on their win last night for the championship. His success and win can only help Coach D. And the Dukes with recruiting. 

10/12/2020 3:24 pm  #6

10/13/2020 7:07 am  #7

FAM wrote:

Didn’t want a sep. thread so I thought I’d put this here.  Congrats to the Lakers and LeBron James on their win last night for the championship. His success and win can only help Coach D. And the Dukes with recruiting. 

Thanks for this post FAM. I've been a Lakers fan since West, Baylor and Wilt. Would have loved to have had an NBA team in da 'Burgh but for some reason yinzers prefer watching a Canadian sport (hockey) to an American sport (hoops). Disclaimer: I've been on ice skates once, at an OTR fraternity function at the South Park rink. Was too inebriated to feel any pain when I fell but was also too inebriated to stand up after I fell.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

10/13/2020 9:08 am  #8

Don't forget about our own Norm Nixon as a Laker!!!

10/14/2020 1:47 pm  #9

On the recruiting trail, 2021 Shaun Walker a 6'7" 230 lb Power Forward had a virtual visit to Duquesne last week.  He seems to be a bit of a project, but is gaining interest from several schools.  his only offer is McNees State.

https://twitter.com/shaunwalker34/status/1307772025730105345

10/14/2020 4:08 pm  #10

FAM wrote:

Don't forget about our own Norm Nixon as a Laker!!!

Whoops, yeah Norm played on some great teams with the Lakers...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera