Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2020 1:33 pm  #1

Under The Radar - Michael Hughes

10/01/2020 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Under The Radar - Michael Hughes

Thanks, CLK.  It's puzzling to me why Mike hasn't received the recognition that he has deserved, especially when playing for a winning team. Not that he needs any additional motivation, but these snubs help fuel the fire.

10/01/2020 5:17 pm  #3

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Thanks, CLK.  It's puzzling to me why Mike hasn't received the recognition that he has deserved, especially when playing for a winning team. Not that he needs any additional motivation, but these snubs help fuel the fire.

Phoenix, last year he definitely should have been on the All Defensive team.  This year when the Dukes win the A10 he will have his revenge.

10/03/2020 6:21 pm  #4

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Phoenix, last year he definitely should have been on the All Defensive team.  This year when the Dukes win the A10 he will have his revenge.

He doesn't get recognized in the A-10 because of his on-court behavior. Energy,swagger, & aggression are winning attributes. He displays them in large amounts. His old school post game is sweet & his defense is THE best kind of disruptive.

He is also an instigator & quite cocky. He upstages the refs & draws THE worst kind of attention to himself & the team resulting in most 50/50 calls going against him & opposing coaches/voting media to downplay his game.

The good news is that he got better about this as last season progressed. Hopefully, his senior season is highlighted be his spirited leadership & greater self-control.

I am pretty sure somebody will now respond that Mike's grit is exactly what this program needs. I agree 100%.

However, if he can bring that grit without pissing off the refs & opposing coaches, both he & the program will benefit significantly.

10/03/2020 8:56 pm  #5

Phil, I agree with. you.  One of the players I loved to watch was Obi Toppin.  He was one of the best if not the best in the A-10 last year.  Part of that formula was his maturity and the way he interacted with everyone around him. Mike needs to get there and he will get the benefit of calls, support, and recognition.  Go Dukes.

Board footera