Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2020 4:44 pm  #1

Jim Ferry Now Head Coach at Penn State

Chambers fired for racist comments to a player. WOW

10/21/2020 4:47 pm  #2

Re: Jim Ferry Now Head Coach at Penn State

We need to get them on the schedule ASAP then. We need all the wins we can get over power conference teams.

10/21/2020 5:11 pm  #3

Ferry is the interim coach.
PSU predicated to finish in the bottom half
of the Big Ten.
Chambers got what he deserved. Talk about stupid.

10/21/2020 5:51 pm  #4

Oh my gosh - well he will lose there.  He couldn't handle Duquesne and that is a much bigger stage.

10/21/2020 6:12 pm  #5

FAM wrote:

Oh my gosh - well he will lose there.  He couldn't handle Duquesne and that is a much bigger stage.

Watch him end up doing better than Chambers. That's just how crazy things work. I don't hate Ferry. He tried to win here. He was just in over his head taking this job that has chewed up many coaches. I wish him well at Penn State.

10/21/2020 6:47 pm  #6

If there is any coach I’d go after it would be Ron Everheart but not sure he would want the pressure has a good spot on the WVU staff. If Ferry is coach I hope we schedule them and smoke them for all the years of misery that bum put the program through.

10/21/2020 11:13 pm  #7

Very interesting turn of events. Ferry is taking over a Penn State team that just had a historically good season, even being ranked in the top 25 by AP. Wild stuff.

10/22/2020 10:57 am  #8

Dukes 412- I could be wrong, but I am guessing your comment about RE being a bum was made with your tongue in your cheek.  He provided a positive experience and winning teams when he was here.

10/22/2020 11:00 am  #9

FAM wrote:

Dukes 412- I could be wrong, but I am guessing your comment about RE being a bum was made with your tongue in your cheek.  He provided a positive experience and winning teams when he was here.

I'm pretty sure he said Jim Ferry was a bum, at least that's how I read it. He actually suggested Penn State hire Ron. 

10/22/2020 3:16 pm  #10

Upon further review...my error - Correct- he said Ferry was a bum.  Sorry Dukes 412- btw- I agree!!

10/22/2020 6:08 pm  #11

Let me guess Jim will blame every loss on Chambers.Maybe even Ron Everhart.

10/23/2020 11:37 am  #12

Don't forget the players.
All their fault.

10/23/2020 1:09 pm  #13

And of course we all know it takes TEN YEARS to build a program --  So around 2030 Ferry could have PSU - RIGHT WHERE HE WANTS 'EM

10/23/2020 3:40 pm  #14

Well gents, Coach Ferry is the "interim coach" but good to see him get a chance to be the HC. It will be interesting to see which direction PSU goes with their new hire.  Chambers did have a nice connection in Philly and brought some serious talent to PSU in the last few years. Coach Ferry will have some pretty nice talent to work with at PSU, although Lamar Stevens, and Mike Watkins have graduated, there is still talent.  PSU probably made a good move  not to act hastily at this late date to attempt to pry a coach away from another program. 

PSU was a top 25 Program last year, and an NCAA Tourney team; but the guy that transferred to Iowa State, who was the subject of the Chambers controversy, was Rasir Bolton.  Bolton is a very good player and a legitimate scorer with good size and explosive to the rim.  He averaged almost 15 ppg with Iowa State, typically a very talented team. I saw him dominate games for stretches last year at ISU.   If Chambers hadn't driven Bolton to transfer with his foolish remarks that team would have been even better, perhaps Top 10.  

10/24/2020 10:26 am  #15

Brick by brick.

10/26/2020 4:58 pm  #16

FAM wrote:

Upon further review...my error - Correct- he said Ferry was a bum.  Sorry Dukes 412- btw- I agree!!

Lol yeah it was about Ferry being a bum. I really enjoyed coach Everheart and actually went to his basketball camps. Remember him telling a kid who wore Pitt shorts to not wear that team around here 😂😂😂.

10/30/2020 2:48 pm  #17

duq81 wrote:

FAM wrote:

Watch him end up doing better than Chambers. That's just how crazy things work. I don't hate Ferry. He tried to win here. He was just in over his head taking this job that has chewed up many coaches. I wish him well at Penn State.

No, he is basketball stupid.  It's going to be funny watching opponents roll the ball down past mid-court to show his complete lack of BB knowledge, but at least, he isn't doing it for DU anymore. LOL.

Board footera