Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2020 6:38 pm  #26

Re: Pray for our friend duq81

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Duq81 and Westender. Keep fighting and our prayers are with you both.

Thank you!

10/21/2020 6:25 am  #27

Prayers sent.

10/22/2020 5:30 pm  #28

Finally made it home today. Tired and resting. Thanks for all of the prayers.

10/22/2020 5:37 pm  #29

Great to hear that you made it back to the home base, duq81. Take care.

10/23/2020 7:39 am  #30

Great to hear.  May God's Blessings keep you strong.  Please know...that while you are going through this you may at times question things...you may look at things and say, "What is real?"  Well duq81, yes, it is real that you did read that Ferry is the interim coach of Penn State.  As long as he isn't at Duquesne again I don't care where he is!!!!   God Bless and Let's Go Dukes!!!

10/24/2020 10:29 am  #31

All the best, duq81. My prayers are with you all the way, even though I don't know who you are. I do enjoy your usually steadying commentary.

10/25/2020 12:56 pm  #32

Prayers duq81.  All the best!  Fight to beat the foe!!!  Glad you are back home and healing

2/12/2021 2:38 pm  #33

Our friend duq81 has been hospitalized again.  Please pray for him.  I am deeply saddened.  He is a good man and friend.  Here is the message he posted on Facebook.

"Back in the hospital. Unfortunately, we're in the end game now. I'm actually looking forward to the journey, and am not afraid."

2/12/2021 3:00 pm  #34

VBC wrote:

Our friend duq81 has been hospitalized again.  Please pray for him.  I am deeply saddened.  He is a good man and friend.  Here is the message he posted on Facebook.

"Back in the hospital. Unfortunately, we're in the end game now. I'm actually looking forward to the journey, and am not afraid."

I am so sadden to hear this as well  Continuing to pray for my friend and his family.  

2/12/2021 3:24 pm  #35

Years of rooting together and sometimes squabbling the way brothers do. My heart is broken thinking about duq81, who knew the history of our program better than anyone, ever. I've always enjoyed his telling of the sad tale from Red Manning to now.

One of the reasons I haven't posted much is because I feel like the Board has been overtaken with whiners, complainers and self-proclaimed experts who never have anything good to say. duq81 could opine on anything, good or bad, without tearing the program down or overtly offending anyone. And he was right way more often than not, whether I agreed with him or not.

Continued prayers duq81. Proud to call you my friend, always.

2/12/2021 3:28 pm  #36

Our friend is a lover of gospel music.  This one is for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kc3BfDjKFQ

2/12/2021 4:37 pm  #37

Very sad news indeed. duq81 is certainly the greatest historian of Duquesne basketball that I have ever been acquainted. Prayers for duq81 and his family.

2/12/2021 4:50 pm  #38

So sad to read this. Duq81 is a real class act. Love his knowledge and the way he conveys it.

2/12/2021 5:23 pm  #39

I, too, have been praying for duq81. He knows so much that he has been my "fact checker."  I have learned to have my facts straight before I post or he will correct me. At first this annoyed me but then I realized that no one needs misinformation. I'll still be praying for you, duq81.

2/12/2021 6:14 pm  #40

Only know Duq81 thru his knowledgeable posts on this board but likewise sending prayers for him and his family.

2/13/2021 12:33 pm  #41

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I'm in a tough spot, but I'm not done yet. Been here since the 90s,with CLK, and ElDuque. I'm hoping for a surprise from the Dukes in March.

2/13/2021 12:42 pm  #42

duq81 wrote:

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I'm in a tough spot, but I'm not done yet. Been here since the 90s,with CLK, and ElDuque. I'm hoping for a surprise from the Dukes in March.

It is very nice to hear directly from you. Such comradery, class, & courage is nothing less than inspiring.

You make it impossible not to root hard for you.

Good luck & godspeed to you & yours.

2/13/2021 1:08 pm  #43

phil95 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

It is very nice to hear directly from you. Such comradery, class, & courage is nothing less than inspiring.

You make it impossible not to root hard for you.

Good luck & godspeed to you & yours.

Could not have said it better, phil95. Keep up the good fight, duq81.

2/13/2021 1:14 pm  #44

duq81 wrote:

Hang in there brother.  Jesus is a way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, the light in the darkness! 

2/13/2021 1:36 pm  #45

Keep up the fight; we are all with you!

2/13/2021 2:05 pm  #46

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Hang in there brother.  Jesus is a way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, the light in the darkness! 

Great post.

2/13/2021 3:23 pm  #47

Praying for you my friend, stay strong. To your point, I still like this teams chances to surprise in this years A10 tourney!

2/13/2021 4:06 pm  #48

Praying hard for you and Dom, duq81. If it takes two miracles, that's what we'll go for. Hang in there!

Board footera