Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2020 2:54 pm  #1

A10 Preview Interviews

https://mobile.twitter.com/A10WBB/status/1321829151683174400

Tim Benz does A10 preview interviews with Coach’ Precious Johnson and Libby Bazelak. Exciting outlook.

Reading into the potential line-up, seems like we might see a really big team on the floor with Sole’ Johnson and Hamilton up front. Bazelak and Kalin in the backcourt.

Looks like the transfer from Wisconsin, Diamond Bragg, will receive a waiver to strengthen the guard position.

Can’t wait! Let’s Go Dukes!

10/30/2020 2:15 pm  #2

Re: A10 Preview Interviews

I like the option of going big, although Amaya Hamilton is more of a wing player with size, which isn't a bad thing.  It would be great to get Diamond Bragg as another option at the guard position.  I'm hopeful she can regain her scoring touch and be able to break down defenses and penetrate when the team is struggling on offense.  There were too many long scoring droughts last year that may have cost the team wins.  Having many different scoring options can reduce, or eliminate those long scoreless streaks.  
I think the team needs to be able to sustain it's defensive intensity for longer periods in games.  That is something that is a must for the team to improve its standing in the A-10.  It would be nice to win a few games on defense rather than relying on outscoring the opponent.  
I'm looking forward to seeing a mature team headed for big things this season.

Board footera