Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2020 10:03 am  #1

KDKA FM asking why Pitt Duquesne not playing with COVID 19 amping up

With the virus seemingly out of control why cant Pitt and Duquesne play this season?Makes me so mad.KDKA FM
asking the question over its air waves today.

11/12/2020 10:07 am  #2

Re: KDKA FM asking why Pitt Duquesne not playing with COVID 19 amping up

Dukes fans need to voice why Capel is a coward.2miles apart and no game.Shameful.

11/12/2020 10:25 am  #3

This is strictly coming from Capel. He came here from arrogant Duke, and was shocked that Pitt actually played a nothing program like Duquesne, and actually treated them as an equal. He basically overruled Lyke, who was willing to play the game.

11/12/2020 11:13 am  #4

Plus they only have three non-conference games scheduled. The NCAA has recommended teams play at least four. They could have five, and four would still be local, but they decided to pull out of the City Game and Backyard Brawl. Capel better act fast or their cowardice will knock them out of NCAA tournament contention even before their losses do.

Last edited by luckymcd (11/12/2020 11:13 am)

11/13/2020 2:05 pm  #5

As they were picked 13th in a 15 team league, a realist understands that the non-conference cupcakes won’t help. Just another reason to schedule the Dukes.

11/13/2020 6:45 pm  #6

There is actually a post on the Pitt board about the Dukes glory days, and it's actually a nice complementary thread.  Apparently many of the older posters were Duquesne fans back then. I guess you really can't blame non alums for moving on from the train wreck that we became.

11/13/2020 7:25 pm  #7

Duq81 the new train wreck is Pitt. The AD is a joke. Both football & basketball is over. Duquesne is on the rise. 

11/13/2020 7:31 pm  #8

Ironduke81 wrote:

Duq81 the new train wreck is Pitt. The AD is a joke. Both football & basketball is over. Duquesne is on the rise. 

Pitt football has been a train wreck ever since they decided to hire Foge. Contrast classless Capel with Jamie Dixon, who when Ron was in the hospital, went to see him, and sat with him and listened to the Dukes upset BC. By the way, what on earth is going on at Penn State?

Last edited by duq81 (11/13/2020 7:44 pm)

11/14/2020 9:51 am  #9

Both the men and women up the street basketball teams announced three OOC games yesterday and the Dukes are not on either one’s schedule. I guess their women are ducking us also because we have beaten them 9 of the last 10. You know, for those blue uniforms they wear, they should just trim them with a wide yellow streak on the back! Disgraceful that they can’t schedule a team two miles away.

11/14/2020 1:50 pm  #10

I agree with Paul Zeise when he said if they’re not gonna play Duquesne in basketball why play them in anything. Meaning those Olympic sports which are an easy trip for both push them out and make them find someone else. That’s just how the business should be done. Even though I also like Pitt I think this is ridiculous they should be continually scrutinized for this

11/16/2020 8:55 am  #11

KDKA radio acknowledged there is a corona virus pandemic?

Board footera