Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2020 11:26 am  #1

Early Signing Period

I think the early signing period runs through this Wednesday, but the school hasn't issued an official press release yet regarding the signing of Barba.  I know we have 3 seniors so I am wondering if there is more to come as DU usually publishes it's signed commitments all at once.  Now I know the roster is kind of loaded right now, but I suspect one or two of our current roster may be getting some other type of legitimate aid.  In any event, anyone out there know anything or have any thoughts on recruiting (the life blood of any program) for next year?

P.S. I am aware that our 3 seniors could elect to come back, but frankly if they can make $$$ somewhere why would they and sometimes you are just ready to move on from college.  Just sayin..

11/16/2020 4:59 pm  #2

Re: Early Signing Period

PistolPete wrote:

I think the early signing period runs through this Wednesday, but the school hasn't issued an official press release yet regarding the signing of Barba.  I know we have 3 seniors so I am wondering if there is more to come as DU usually publishes it's signed commitments all at once.  Now I know the roster is kind of loaded right now, but I suspect one or two of our current roster may be getting some other type of legitimate aid.  In any event, anyone out there know anything or have any thoughts on recruiting (the life blood of any program) for next year?

P.S. I am aware that our 3 seniors could elect to come back, but frankly if they can make $$$ somewhere why would they and sometimes you are just ready to move on from college.  Just sayin..

Yes, and 5th year seniors have had enough time on campus(es) to maybe complete a master's this year, if they have been so inclined. That would certainly be a dis-incentive to come back for another year.

11/17/2020 10:18 am  #3

Barba did sign yesterday.

11/17/2020 1:39 pm  #5

Three 5th year seniors, who dont have to leave after this year.   They'll have to expand rosters next year.   

Board footera