Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2021 11:17 pm  #1

Any chance Maceo...

...can talk his HS teammate into joining him at DU?

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/wvu/wvu-basketball-oscar-tshiebwe-leaves-program-not-expected-to-return/article_a4b42c21-9a17-5b80-bda0-4562e51d28b3.html

Imagine that monster in the paint and in the Coop next year.

Last edited by townsonkid (1/04/2021 11:19 pm)

1/04/2021 11:42 pm  #2

Re: Any chance Maceo...

Was daydreaming about this possibility the other day after hearing the news. Whatever is going on it is a very interesting situation. Tshiebwe was on NBA draft boards after his freshman season but this year his production fell off pretty hard. Whatever is going on I hope he is okay.

1/05/2021 8:09 am  #3

Word is Huggs said the team is better off without him. After all Huggs tough love turned Culver  around with the help of his mother. Isaiah Cottrell replacement for Tshiebwe done for year due to injury. Watched WVU @ Okl St last night. Down 19. What does Huggs do Press, Press, & Press. Imagine that. Never ran Press Virginia all year until necessity dictated this strategy. Results WVU comeback win. My point GW 🤮🤮🤮

1/05/2021 10:20 am  #4

I dont know the backstory there with Huggs, will never know for sure.   But you cant deny that size and talent, and that he and Maceo were HS teammates.
I cant help but think what an impact a guy like Tshiebwe would make in the A10.  Conference POY?
Also, a dude like that, you sellout games.   Whatever the Coop holds, it would be + that.
Some P5 school will offer him riches and fame, he'll be in the ACC or Big10, but it sure is nice to dream about him being a Duke.

1/05/2021 11:28 am  #5

Excellent point Iron Duke!  I am still miffed at KD's lack of a press against GW in game 2 of doubleheader - inexcusable as far as I am concerned.  As to Tshiebwe  a birdie told me Archie at IU is trying to lure him to the Big 10 - and he'd probably be a good fit there.  If we could get him he would most likely be the best big in the A-10, but his baggage is a concern, no question.  I think with the way the rules are now we will see transfers galore year in and year out as the guys don't have to wait and are eligible following year of transfer no matter what - at least I think that is the case.  If someone else knows the transfer rules please let me/us know.  Don't be surprised if we see 1 or 2 guys from our current roster transfer elsewhere for more playing time.  This is just the way it will be and that can help and hurt.  Some recruit at a Power 5 is not happy with his playing time and he could step right in for us at the A-10 level and play/contribute immediately.  Time will tell as Professor 1099 says.

1/05/2021 12:57 pm  #6

Indiana sucks.   :-)

Yeah, transfers all over college sports, football, bball, whatever, the barn door is open at every school.

1/05/2021 2:36 pm  #7

Huggins N  Coach are TIGHT.  I don't think Coach would take him and after Huggins described what was going on.....doubt it would take place.  Go Dukes.

1/05/2021 4:28 pm  #8

FAM wrote:

Huggins N  Coach are TIGHT.  I don't think Coach would take him and after Huggins described what was going on.....doubt it would take place.  Go Dukes.

FAM, what did Huggins say was going on? I just read that Huggins said he would not be coming back. I hate to say it and maybe I shouldn't, but when this happens and nobody talks about it, it is not a good sign. It smells like a problem that this young man needs help with. Just based on my knowledge of similar sudden departures here and elsewhere.

Board footera