Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2021 11:40 am  #1

Maceo at the 2

You know seeing how well MA was shooting on Sunday I wonder if KD would consider him starting at the 2 instead of Lamar?  I like Lamar, but his shooting % is not at the level a starting 2 guard needs to be and I think Maceo is a much better defender with length.  This could free up putting Akani at the 3 and bringing Baker in to spell Akani at that spot.  Maceo also handles the ball well enough and he probably goes to the rim better than Lamar.  Jett hasn't seen the court yet so I wonder if he is ready for the speed at this level and Murphy absolutely needs to get more minutes.  My decision making would simply revolve around who gives the team the best chance to win by playing a certain position and I just don't see how you satisfy the playing time desires of all the guards we have - something has to give here.  Just thinking out loud here and would welcome additional thoughts/opinions.  

1/05/2021 4:30 pm  #2

Re: Maceo at the 2

Hey Pistol, I think you got your answer. Are you clairvoyant?

1/05/2021 4:37 pm  #3

Re: Maceo at the 2

Maceo has not shot the 3 like you want your 2 guard to do  . Now if he continues to shoot like he did Sunday for a little stretch then perhaps it should happen. In my opinion.

Board footera