Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2021 7:40 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Rhode Island Rams

OH MY.... Tie game lets see what we have now in crunch time

1/20/2021 7:49 pm  #27

Goaltending.

1/20/2021 7:49 pm  #28

screwed on another goaltending call.

1/20/2021 7:59 pm  #29

Gotta hit the 2nd one.

1/20/2021 8:01 pm  #30

Shoo shoo...rah rah

1/20/2021 8:02 pm  #31

Lets Gooooooooooo

1/20/2021 8:02 pm  #32

Loved being wrong on the blowout!  Nice job men.
Great coachiimg job and nice defense.
Go Dukes!!!

1/20/2021 8:04 pm  #33

Beautiful comeback. Team had energy in the second half. Hughes was beast and TDM had poise.

1/20/2021 8:04 pm  #34

WashPaRick wrote:

Rhody usually good 2nd half team and the Dukes usually come out slow. Time for both to change.

Hey now.

1/20/2021 8:04 pm  #35

Wow!    I let out a swear when that 3 was in the air at the buzzer.  😁

Happy for the players and coaches.

Last edited by townsonkid (1/20/2021 8:05 pm)

1/20/2021 8:06 pm  #36

townsonkid wrote:

Wow! I let out a swear when that 3 was in the air at the buzzer. 😁

That 3 was a heartstopper.

1/20/2021 8:07 pm  #37

No quit!
One hell of a win.

1/20/2021 8:19 pm  #38

Heart stopper Great win. Baker had his best game offensively when we needed it most. Tough defense especially in 2nd half. Lets get a winning streak going. 

1/20/2021 8:30 pm  #39

Oh hell yes,never quit on the Dukes,the Bluffites,the mighty Hilltoppers.I loved the play of Harris ,very agile inthe paint and what a pass he made.Just wow!!!!!!!!!How sweet it is. Glad for everyone on this board.

1/20/2021 8:30 pm  #40

Man that felt good... these kids and this coach have so much heart. Idk if Maceo will be back next game since the Bonnie's game was moved up. But you have to think if we play like tonight, and add what he can do back into the mix... we'll start having some fun again boys. And hopefully playing our best ball going into the opener of the Coop! And quick side note... I loved that Christopher Walken hype video, I know everyone is 50/50 on the new logo. But that video needs to be played at home games for sure.

1/20/2021 8:35 pm  #41

What a great comeback. The team hasn't quit and the young guys are starting to get more comfortable and contributing. It's amazing how much better this team looks when we make some shots.

1/20/2021 8:36 pm  #42

Hughes was a leader on the court as well as on the sideline. Did anyone notice him dragging Baker away from the sideline while they were on the bench as Baker was giving some lip to a Rhody player.

1/20/2021 8:38 pm  #43

Nearly lost it when Acuffs layup was called a block.Dukes beat the Rams and the refs.They asked the
Brian Collogne? if they are going to have Dukes play soon at the Coop and he said Dukes will play sometime
inFebruary.Come on Pj DICK.get it done for that Dayton game!!!!!!!

1/20/2021 8:41 pm  #44

Murph was clutch on that 17 footer!!!!!!!Lots of heroes tonight.Feels real good to win and happy for the Dukes
coaches and players.They never gave up and that is just wonderful.

1/20/2021 8:44 pm  #45

stew wrote:

Murph was clutch on that 17 footer!!!!!!!Lots of heroes tonight.Feels real good to win and happy for the Dukes
coaches and players.They never gave up and that is just wonderful.

Hell yeah. a lot of different people stepped up at different times. I will be rewatching the game tonight and giving my full opinion after then. It was apparent in the first half the freshman were finding their place.

1/20/2021 8:45 pm  #46

I feel like the king of the world tonight!

1/20/2021 8:48 pm  #47

stew wrote:

I feel like the king of the world tonight!

I'll tell you one thing. The win sure does feel good

1/20/2021 8:52 pm  #48

That was a very nice win against a difficult opponent. Congratulations to the team & coaches.

-Baker & Dre were quite nice. Their passing instincts are impressive.
-I nearly cried with joy when URI slapped the 1-3-1 on the Dukes late. Baker flashed to the high post, then found Murphy with a textbook pass to counter that defense, Murphy pumped to move the defender, & buried the jumper.
-Acuff did some things.
-3pt shooting was great.
-They got to the line & (mostly) hit them.
-Great 2nd half from Hughes
-Marcus struggled for most of the night but really stuck with it to do some good things. (Please stop with the jump shots!!!!)
-TDM's shot selection made sense in quantity & quality. (Sorry Rayrich, I have to disagree. In the last 2 minutes, TDM committed a freshman-level double-dribble & choked on the first free throw in the clutch; he was not poised.)
-It is a shame that it is impractical for Amari to get more minutes. He has skill, length, & decent mobility. He needs repetition & experience. I guess the good news is, from a redshirt-then-COVID eligibility standpoint, he is only in the middle of his freshman season.
-URI came in shooting 46.4% from the field & allowing 39.8% to their opponents. They shot 38.1% while the Dukes shot 50%.
-The Dukes lead the conference in defensive eFG% & 3pt FG% defense.

1/20/2021 8:59 pm  #49

Acuff is coming on,he values the basketball , played a nice floor game,doesnt force anything, he made a 3 ,so
glad to see him with more confidence.

1/20/2021 9:11 pm  #50

stew wrote:

Acuff is coming on,he values the basketball , played a nice floor game,doesnt force anything, he made a 3 ,so
glad to see him with more confidence.

He can handle Fatts while bringing up the ball, he can do it against anyone.

Board footera