Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2021 2:37 pm  #26

Re: Cooper Fieldhouse-

BluffHunter wrote:

The court is being installed today!

https://twitter.com/GoDuquesne/status/1352283011790868480

When Bernie emailed me saying that he intended to be first, I never dreamed to what extent he would go so as to fulfill that claim.

1/21/2021 4:58 pm  #27

Thanks for the pictures and sharing that tweet, BluffHunter.  The Cooper Fieldhouse is looking great.  Wish I was sitting next to Bernie at the first game there.

1/22/2021 9:45 pm  #28

PICTURES INSIDE ARENA WITH COURT LAID... GET READY BEFORE OPENING, THESE PICS ARE WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR. LOOKS AMAZING.

https://twitter.com/sullymygoodname/status/1352804581101678592

1/22/2021 11:17 pm  #29

I think the pictures are beautiful but its going to be even  better when fans experience the place.The concessions will be great,wider hallways,better access and those scoreboards are something else.Very
pleased so far.Looks like the Duquesne image and this fieldhouse move us up the ladder in the A10.
 I hope COACH stays on for awhile as he has proven you can win at Duquesne and with the Cooper Fieldhouse to aid in recruiting,the Duquesne job will be considered a attractive oppurtunity for a lot
of good coaches .Duquesne is not a career ender coaching job anymore in my mind .

1/23/2021 9:07 am  #30

Can't open/access contents of the tweet. Says "Not available now"  Can you re-send?  Thanks.

1/23/2021 11:24 am  #31

1/23/2021 11:29 am  #32

WOW and double WOW!

Thanks, CLK.  Grammy

1/23/2021 1:10 pm  #33

That's what we've been waiting for! I can't wait to actually be there, but the great pictures kind of make it feel like I am already. It looks awesome! The Palumbo Center was over a decade old before I saw it for the first time, so I don't know what the reputation was at opening. Seeing these pictures I have to say finally the Dukes have a legit D1 facility. In fact it looks like it will be one of the finest in the country of its size. Now we need to make sure to pack it for every game (once we are allowed to that is). I'd like to play a couple games every year at PPG, but 4,500 is small enough that it should be full every game. We need to show appreciation and return on the investment for the administration finally committing to the program.

1/23/2021 1:17 pm  #34

Taking guesses on how many people the Cooper Fieldhouse will seat???
I'll throw out the first guess - 3,200

1/23/2021 1:34 pm  #35

I’m going to guess 4200 with plenty of that number being designated to “standing room only.”  I’m okay with it though.  It looks like a great place for most of our games and as has been mentioned before, we have PPG on campus for P5 schools.  I don’t think we should play any A10 games at PPG (even Dayton) because I want a true home court advantage.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/23/2021 1:48 pm  #36

NICE!!!!

1/23/2021 2:55 pm  #37

The posts on FB with many photos from inside the Coop.   My oh my!    Its LIT!    Modern, fresh, huge video screens, red, blue and white.   Court looks awesome too.   A++

Last edited by townsonkid (1/23/2021 2:57 pm)

1/23/2021 5:40 pm  #38

Wow the Cooper Fieldhouse looks awesome. If this doesn't help with recruiting as well as a winning product and fan base nothing will. So well done by those who built it. First Class.

1/24/2021 1:07 pm  #39

Awesome!!  Thanks for posting CLK!!!

1/25/2021 10:53 am  #40

I found it very curious that these pictures were posted from a Dayton fan Twitter account who apparently has free access to the worksite.   Why do Dayton bloggers get tours of the facility?

1/25/2021 1:03 pm  #41

He probably works for one of the Companies involved in the project.  Remember Dayton has an Engineering Program and lots of Pittsburgh area alums.  

1/25/2021 1:10 pm  #42

Thanks CLK👍👍👍Well done Duquesne 

1/25/2021 6:19 pm  #43

He probably works for one of the Companies involved in the project.  Remember Dayton has an Engineering Program and lots of Pittsburgh area alums.  And we have the former Assistant A.D. from Dayton who is now our A.D!

1/25/2021 6:38 pm  #44

grammudder wrote:

He probably works for one of the Companies involved in the project.  Remember Dayton has an Engineering Program and lots of Pittsburgh area alums.  And we have the former Assistant A.D. from Dayton who is now our A.D!

Probably.  My only point is that it stole the thunder from the Athletic Department.  I’m sure they probably wanted to share the first pictures.  I’m sure with all their hard work in the project they should be the ones to release the photos on their time frame.   Outside photos are obviously different. 

Which is probably why the original tweet is marked as deleted now.   Just because I’m an employee on a project doesn’t give me the right to release details of the project.

Last edited by A83 (1/25/2021 6:43 pm)

1/25/2021 9:38 pm  #45

A83 wrote:

grammudder wrote:

Probably. My only point is that it stole the thunder from the Athletic Department. I’m sure they probably wanted to share the first pictures. I’m sure with all their hard work in the project they should be the ones to release the photos on their time frame. Outside photos are obviously different.

Which is probably why the original tweet is marked as deleted now. Just because I’m an employee on a project doesn’t give me the right to release details of the project.

Agreed. I was pretty stunned to see that he was the one who dropped the pictures from in the arena. I have no idea how he could have gotten them though that is a good theory.

1/26/2021 12:30 pm  #46

Yesterday I noticed on espn men’s basketball schedule Under Duquesne all the home games had Kerr center as the home location. Yet for the Dayton game broadcast ESPNU which means National at 9 pm. Also the home arena had Cooper Center. Today under Duquesne everything blank as to location.🤔 Cross referenced Dayton then says Palumbo Center yet Duquesne blank. Every other Duquesne opponent had Kerr center. I would assume National TV espnU would mean home opener of the Cooper Center. 8 days away no formal or official announcement.Thanks to CLKS pics floor looks ready. Hopefully PJ Dick is working on plumbing so the players could shower. Hopefully, the AD has a press conference scheduled this week to announce the opening of the Cooper Center👍Go Dukes

1/26/2021 1:24 pm  #47

IDK if its even possible, or allowed, but DU should invite those who have received their 2nd vaccine dose to the game, mostly health care workers.   Try to get a real feel in there, even if its 500 people, whenever it might open for the first game.  It would also be a nice gesture, and look good on DU to a national, and local, tv audience(if it indeed is the Dayton game).

1/26/2021 6:21 pm  #48

Ironduke81 wrote:

Yesterday I noticed on espn men’s basketball schedule Under Duquesne all the home games had Kerr center as the home location. Yet for the Dayton game broadcast ESPNU which means National at 9 pm. Also the home arena had Cooper Center. Today under Duquesne everything blank as to location.🤔 Cross referenced Dayton then says Palumbo Center yet Duquesne blank. Every other Duquesne opponent had Kerr center. I would assume National TV espnU would mean home opener of the Cooper Center. 8 days away no formal or official announcement.Thanks to CLKS pics floor looks ready. Hopefully PJ Dick is working on plumbing so the players could shower. Hopefully, the AD has a press conference scheduled this week to announce the opening of the Cooper Center👍Go Dukes

Good detective work. That would be great.

1/26/2021 9:35 pm  #49

townsonkid wrote:

IDK if its even possible, or allowed, but DU should invite those who have received their 2nd vaccine dose to the game, mostly health care workers.   Try to get a real feel in there, even if its 500 people, whenever it might open for the first game.  It would also be a nice gesture, and look good on DU to a national, and local, tv audience(if it indeed is the Dayton game).

We've got a very good nursing program. I don't know how many of them are basketball fans, but there are plenty of alums who could be included. If it would be allowed under the governor's very tight restrictions (not that I'm disagreeing with them) it would be a great idea. 500 casual fans are better than no fans at all. If we can sell one of the university's best programs on national TV even better.

1/27/2021 11:20 am  #50

This is a great idea! Nursing, pharmacy, PT, OT, PA...DU has a pile of health care programs, many of whom are front line in the pandemic and very likely have been vaccinated. This would send a great message to the community, especially in light of the future medical school that the university respects and takes care of those who dedicate themselves to take care of others. Do it!

Board footera