Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2021 12:00 pm  #51

Re: Cooper Fieldhouse-

Video of court installation up on GoDuquesne FB page with promise of more pictures tomorrow! Are we getting closer to an announcement?

1/28/2021 3:58 pm  #52

Thread posted on Twitter including pictures of the weight room and more facilities!

https://twitter.com/GoDuquesne/status/1354885936916684801

Last edited by BluffHunter (1/28/2021 3:59 pm)

1/28/2021 4:00 pm  #53

New pics on GoDuquesne FB page...arena and other areas. Looks AMAZING!

1/28/2021 4:21 pm  #54

Perhaps an Easter Egg.  If you look closely at the scoreboard, they have the opponent as the Dayton Flyers.

1/28/2021 4:38 pm  #55

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Perhaps an Easter Egg.  If you look closely at the scoreboard, they have the opponent as the Dayton Flyers.

For sure. All the fencing around the arena is also down.

1/28/2021 6:50 pm  #56

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Good eyes. If you look even closer we are beating them 99-10! They are being careful not to make anything official, but it certainly appears we’ll be playing the Flyers to open the arena. I thought the game had been listed as an ESPN game earlier, but it says ESPNU now.

1/28/2021 8:57 pm  #57

I have to say this looks first class boys!!!  Very exciting indeed.

1/30/2021 9:05 am  #58

Looks great, but one question on design. Wasn't the plan to have slightly higher priced seating in each of corners?  I prefer the way they did it, leaving that as a standing area since I go for the cheap seats behind bench.

Can't wait till next season, hopefully with at least one and preferably two of Marcus and Michael taking the extra year, a talented sophomore group, Maceo at 100% and Jett added to rotation.

1/30/2021 9:50 am  #59

Wharfrat, I also hope Marcus and Hughes return next year.  I think it will depend a lot on the status of the pandemic abroad and the opening of the Euro Leagues as both of these guys can play for the bucks (the spending kind).  These two young men have been the prime factors in the turnaround of DU basketball.  Would be great to see them lead us to the promised land next year.

Michael Hughes, Marcus Weathers hope to carry Duquesne to winning season | TribLIVE.com

1/30/2021 3:57 pm  #60

Tejas_Duke wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

Hey Tejas, come on man. You're sounding a lot like rittersdiner! (haven't heard from him much lately and that's ok) This program is in so much better shape than anything we had on the court 30 years ago. Right now we are so close to being a really good team with a supportive administration, solid AD, and outstanding coach. Now is not the time to throw in the towel!  Things can turn around quickly. Hang in there!

I hate feeling this way, as I said on my other thread.  Just tired of  one step forward two steps back.

I don't think this coach or this AD or this building or this president are typical of Duquesne's recent past.  You'll look back at this post of yours in two years and see.  I've had my share of broken hearts and have witnessed the same idiotic decisions such as letting Ron go without any idea of getting better.  

Wishful thinking is over...The new era has begun.

Last edited by coffee (1/30/2021 3:58 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/01/2021 9:14 am  #61

2/01/2021 9:18 am  #62

2/01/2021 9:22 am  #63

2/01/2021 12:27 pm  #64

https://mobile.twitter.com/DuqMBB/status/1356275698642640898

This is, as today’s kids say: “FIRE🔥” This old guy is fired up for the new building.

2/01/2021 3:24 pm  #65

I just could not be any more excited about the "Coop" opening. Think it's great and wish I could be there. As was pointed out by another poster, I would not attend right now but so looking forward to the time when we can all be together there rooting the Dukes on to bigger and better things! GODUKES!

2/01/2021 5:17 pm  #66

Glad to see Kelly on the court.

2/01/2021 7:22 pm  #67

Per Rich Walsh, in a Channel 2 news story the seating capacity is 4,242.   The capacity listed in the Pittsburgh Sports Now article was the capacity of the Palumbo Center.   As referenced from Wikipedia.

Last edited by A83 (2/01/2021 7:23 pm)

2/01/2021 8:07 pm  #68

A83 wrote:

Per Rich Walsh, in a Channel 2 news story the seating capacity is 4,242. The capacity listed in the Pittsburgh Sports Now article was the capacity of the Palumbo Center. As referenced from Wikipedia.

Early on, I believed that the seating capacity should be greater than previously at around 5000 or so. Just thought that would be just a bit more big time. Having given it more thought, I think the seating capacity to be just about perfect. We will have some sell outs in the next year I'm certain, but when we don't and we only have a attendance of 2500 to 3000, the Coop will look a lot fuller with the 4200 or so capacity than if the arena had 5000 seats. Looking forward to filling it up more often than not!

2/01/2021 8:28 pm  #69

I think the fan experience will be so good and if the team is good then the casual fan will be likely to come back.The younger alumni that never experienced good basketball as a student might be more likely to form
a bond with the program with the improved fan experience.It wont just be come and watch a 2 hour game then leave.It could be come early or leave late,get something to eat or drink and relax.

2/01/2021 8:39 pm  #70

The improved fan experience was a very important goal to Dave Harper and he hit a grandslam if this
is done right,first class concessions and pleasing the big donors with private boxes and lounge areas.

2/01/2021 8:48 pm  #71

Check out this video from one of the suites... Holy cow.

https://twitter.com/RichieWalsh/status/1356344392982917122

2/01/2021 9:25 pm  #72

2/01/2021 9:31 pm  #73

Here is a nice article (and a great 2 minute plus video - you must check it out) from Noah Hiles at DKPittsburghSports. 
https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2021/02/01/duquesne-basketball-upmc-cooper-field-house-atlantic-ten-dukes-dkps-nah

2/02/2021 12:43 pm  #74

I'm remarkably psyched for the opening of the Coop. We played in the Igloo during my years. Living out east, I've seen the Dukes play more games in the Palestra than I have in the Palumbo. 

I'm very happy for the program and all involved. When you do the right things the right way for the right reasons, good things tend to happen.

Remember when the best news during basketball season was media coverage for getting stranded on the Turnpike? Thank you to President Gormley, Mr Harper, and Coach Dambrot!

Go Dukes!!

Board footera