Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2021 10:05 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Dayton Flyers (H)

Whoever had Watson in the first half did a good job.

2/02/2021 10:37 pm  #27

Yes he did, but I couldn’t catch his last name.

2/02/2021 11:07 pm  #28

Nice win... Baker n Hughes are gonna cost the Dukes a game with their technicals.

Team played well- awesome defense until the end. Nice offense. Go Dukes.

2/02/2021 11:10 pm  #29

Dalen Cuff is son of Denny Cuff.

2/02/2021 11:13 pm  #30

FAM wrote:

Nice win... Baker n Hughes are gonna cost the Dukes a game with their technicals.

Team played well- awesome defense until the end. Nice offense. Go Dukes.

Can't see that Baker should have been called for that last tech.  I think that with no crowd noise, we are getting refs with too much ability to hear things that they most of the time would not be able to.  BUT great win. Great D. Great freshman play.  Down the stretch could get interesting.

2/02/2021 11:14 pm  #31

Went into the run the clock offense and got sloppy.   Guards need to know they can call TO when trapped on inbounds.   But overall it was a good night.   Harris looked good.  M&M did their thing.  Baker can shoot it, Okani does a little bit of everything.  The Coop is legit.   I hope the camera stays lower like that from now on, but i dont think it will.

2/02/2021 11:14 pm  #32

Denny Cuff... I remember the name. Thanks!

2/02/2021 11:22 pm  #33

FAM wrote:

Denny Cuff... I remember the name. Thanks!

Denny Cuff was playing on our intermural team (Pershing Rifles) and when Somerset went down in 62' or '63 (can't remember) Cuff walked on to the varsity and played very well...

2/02/2021 11:25 pm  #34

Obviously we've gotta work on breaking the press, but for about 35 minutes that was about as good as it gets. Good ball movement and balanced scoring offensively, suffocating defense and I don't know if I've ever seen that many charges drawn in a game. This might not be the typical Dayton team, but they are still probably a tournament team. We took an 11-1 lead and never let that lead get below 8 until there was 30 seconds left. Controlling the game that much against that kind of team is impressive. Great way to open a new arena. Even though there were less than 100 of them, actually hearing some fan noise was great too.

2/02/2021 11:33 pm  #35

Rayrich wrote:

I'm thinking it's going to be a good night for the seniors. Tavian is the key and have a feeling he'll have a good one. At least I hope so. Dukes 71-62.

I was close. maybe I would have nailed it if Baker doesn't get that T. The TDM part I was way off on. Think he should stick to creating and distributing as he's lost his shot  taking over as point guard which is understandable. Hope Dambrot sees that.

2/03/2021 12:00 am  #36

I thought Mikey Bekelja played very well at pg. Especially on defense, I know Crutcher had 24 but he made him work and also made some smart plays on offense. Thought he moved his feet well and worked through some big screens. Like him and acuff they take some pressure off TDM. I will say I thought Murphy would be a good addition but don’t think he plays nearly as good as Acuff and Bekelja. Not a great driver and stands straight up when he kills the dribble.

2/03/2021 12:43 am  #37

Not too many happy fans on the Dayton board. A not too knowledgeable fan suggested that it was totally embarrassing to lose to a team like Duquesne. Well I think a team like Duquesne is starting to show folks that the Dukes can hang with any team in the A-10. This is really the best defense I've seen since KD has been here and well before. Four out of five. Lets keep it going!

2/03/2021 2:45 am  #38

WOOOHOO WAY TO OPEN UP THE COOP! Coach Dambrot postgame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPvXvKSRUSM

2/03/2021 6:52 am  #39

El P - I read that too.  I think the one comment posted on the Dayton board was that if Duquesne was any good, we would have beat them by 50.  Well, you only need  to win one by one!

Go Dukes!

2/03/2021 8:57 am  #40

FAM wrote:

El P - I read that too.  I think the one comment posted on the Dayton board was that if Duquesne was any good, we would have beat them by 50.  Well, you only need  to win one by one!

Go Dukes!

It's ironic that Dayton won the first game by more than we won this one. Late fouls and the "spurtability" of basketball can do that, which is why actually watching the game is even more important in basketball than in football. We were winning the first game at the half and down only 4 with 13 minutes left. In this one we were up 17 with 5 minutes left in the first half and up 22 with 9 minutes to go. Ask anyone based on those numbers which game was closer and they'd say the first one; but of course Dayton won that one by nine and we only won this one by five.

2/03/2021 9:20 am  #41

luckymcd wrote:

FAM wrote:

Go Dukes!

It's ironic that Dayton won the first game by more than we won this one. Late fouls and the "spurtability" of basketball can do that, which is why actually watching the game is even more important in basketball than in football. We were winning the first game at the half and down only 4 with 13 minutes left. In this one we were up 17 with 5 minutes left in the first half and up 22 with 9 minutes to go. Ask anyone based on those numbers which game was closer and they'd say the first one; but of course Dayton won that one by nine and we only won this one by five.

Nothing changes my opinion on Dayton fans. Most obnoxious fan base out there. Yeah they travel well and support their team big time but they have such arrogance when listening to them. Like they couldn’t lose to a team like Duquesne. I enjoyed nothing more than not only beating them but just thinking about their fans crying about losing to the Dukes. Flyers fans you want some  cheese with that whine

2/03/2021 9:36 am  #42

Fordham has their scalp.

2/03/2021 9:39 am  #43

Fordham has one conference win-Dayton.

2/03/2021 9:50 am  #44

Econ69 wrote:

Fordham has one conference win-Dayton.

And 7 of their other 8 conference games were double digit losses.

2/03/2021 10:06 am  #45

A good win and always happy to beat Dayton but there is more work to do.Dukes let their guard down last
5 minutes .VCU up next and we can win that one with a little better outside shooting.Hughes and Weathers
are playing great basketball and the freshman getting better.Dambrot and his team have surprised  ,very pleased.

2/03/2021 10:24 am  #46

stew wrote:

A good win and always happy to beat Dayton but there is more work to do.Dukes let their guard down last
5 minutes .VCU up next and we can win that one with a little better outside shooting.Hughes and Weathers
are playing great basketball and the freshman getting better.Dambrot and his team have surprised  ,very pleased.

Well said Stew!

2/03/2021 10:27 am  #47

stew wrote:

Yeah too many "oops moments" in the close out. TDM lollygagging it over the line in ten seconds.....someone got their pocket picked at half court....still a few too many three attempts with too much time left on the clock.....

Still being up by 3 made three pointers wtih 30 seconds on the clock is pretty impressive against that team

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/03/2021 10:29 am  #48

Dukes412 wrote:

Nothing changes my opinion on Dayton fans. Most obnoxious fan base out there. Yeah they travel well and support their team big time but they have such arrogance when listening to them. Like they couldn’t lose to a team like Duquesne. I enjoyed nothing more than not only beating them but just thinking about their fans crying about losing to the Dukes. Flyers fans you want some cheese with that whine

More obnoxious than the Golden Domers in football? More obnnoxious than the Penn Staters before a certain (ahem) situation was revealed?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/03/2021 10:53 am  #49

stew wrote:

We better practice press breaking hard this week. VCU might not be the true Havoc team they were under Shaka, but they will still run us out of the building if we play them the way we played the last few minutes last night. They are beatable for sure. Three of their four losses were by double digits and the other was to a sub-.500 Penn State team coached by Ferry. We will need to play even better than we did last night to beat them though. In addition to taking care of the ball, rebounding and the three ball will be key to a victory. They have a -27 rebounding margin in those four losses and their opponents have shot 29 of 70 from deep (41%). So basically we need a complete team effort to win. Luckily Santos-Silva graduated and transferred to Texas Tech. He killed us over the past couple years.

2/03/2021 3:06 pm  #50

Board footera