Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2021 7:51 am  #1

DUKES NEED A KICK ASS INTRO SONG WHEN THE FANS FINALLY ATTEND

Checkout YouTube Virginia Tech football vs ND Enter Sandman. 66;000 Fans go crazy. Any suggestions to get the fans and students if any, big if regarding students past history. Any suggestions. Please no Yinzer renegade.

2/05/2021 9:31 am  #2

Re: DUKES NEED A KICK ASS INTRO SONG WHEN THE FANS FINALLY ATTEND

Hopefully something from Tik Toc, maybe Juju will show up, from whatever other city he is playing in next year.

2/05/2021 12:15 pm  #3

The Immigrant Song- or Ecstasy of Gold from the Good the bad n the ugly- but i love the school fight song

2/05/2021 12:34 pm  #4

Any 'kickass intro song' would be yinzer to me. Keep it real. Be original.

2/05/2021 6:18 pm  #5

If the House is a rockin' don't bother knockin'  by the Brian Setzer Orcherstra

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/05/2021 6:22 pm  #6

Flight of the Valyries
William Tell overture
Born to be wild

2/06/2021 8:33 am  #7

Crosseye wrote:

Any 'kickass intro song' would be yinzer to me. Keep it real. Be original.

You know  enter sandman worked in NY for the Yankees for over a decade. VA Tech awesome game experience. Works with white, African American, young & old. But you want Yinzer let’s go Bobby Vinson Roses are Red. That would be electric.Is that keeping it real.

2/06/2021 3:27 pm  #8

No one over the age of 25 should be allowed to submit a suggestion.

2/06/2021 4:22 pm  #9

Haha 😄seriously I agree with you VBC! I once lobbied my high school basketball coach to change our intro song from Sweet Georgia Brown Ala Globetrotters to the Who's Baba O Reilly and we thought that we were so cool! In our defense it was 1973! Maybe the players should decide?

2/06/2021 4:29 pm  #10

It's gotta be, "Wild Thing" Check out this Ricky Vaughn scene from Major League and picture a sold-out Coop duplicating it.

https://youtu.be/8Mi3KNEpbA4

Last edited by apluski (2/06/2021 4:39 pm)

2/06/2021 4:31 pm  #11

I agree, Jack, let the players decide.
Stay safe and don't let your eggs get cracked!  (You have my sympathy on dealing with that one.)

2/06/2021 5:25 pm  #12

I was going to suggest "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" but that's probably counter productive. I also like "Born to be Wild". That was way before VBC's time!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/06/2021 5:46 pm  #13

Go Motown or Jimi. Would only make sense in honor of Chuck Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGFFJtkDXA

2/06/2021 5:51 pm  #14

Better yet the Hendrix version of "Wild Thing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1opcv9t5bI8

2/06/2021 7:03 pm  #15

You play the introduction of the USC fight song and then go to the Hey Song by Gary Glitter.

2/06/2021 7:08 pm  #16

Play The First 90 Seconds Of Usc Fight Song It Is Epic Introduction.nothing Come Close To This Introduction.after Hearing That You Are Ready For Battle.

2/06/2021 7:12 pm  #17

Use "Game On" from the 2008 Soccer World Cup.

2/06/2021 7:20 pm  #18

Play Jump Around And The Crowd Would Get Up And Dance To It

2/06/2021 7:23 pm  #19

I agree with others that the students (and by extension players) are going to like different songs than us geezers. Having said that I actually had a dream about it last night...

The Coop goes dark. Smoke on the Water starts playing still in darkness. The video boards light up with video taken from a boat floating down the Ohio on a foggy day under the West End Bridge. The cymbals kick in as we float past Heinz Field, approach the Point Park fountain and get a view of downtown. The drums begin as as we continue under the Fort Pitt Bridge and down the Mon. The bass thumps begin as we pass Highmark Stadium and the Gateway Clipper. As we approach the 10th St. Bridge a drone takes off the from the boat, flies across the bridge, up to the bluff and over Rooney Field. The drums roll as we fly over the fountains on A-Walk. The drone continues down McAnulty, over Fisher and the Power Center, to PPG. Then it continues past Shale's and turns up Magee. Just as it reaches the Coop the video boards go dark, red and blue lights shine, we let off fog machines and the team runs out of the locker room onto the court as the song reaches "smoke on the water." Pyrotechnics go off from all four corners of the court as "fire in the sky" kicks in. The song continues playing in the background as the starters are introduced. 

We are the Bluffites, make that connection for anybody who doesn't know. We tried making the connection to the city with the skyline unis a couple years ago. Further that with the video intro. Pitt might have the city's name, but we are the team downtown. We need to make it ours. Smoke on the Water rocks. The original would be great, but the verses don't really work. So an instrumental other than the chorus would be best. It could even be played by the band if they still have a guitar in it. I know it's a pretty grand vision that won't even be approached in scale, but it was a cool dream so I had to share. The Coop was rocking in the dream and I know it would be if anything even close happened in real life.

2/06/2021 7:37 pm  #20

stew wrote:

You play the introduction of the USC fight song and then go to the Hey Song by Gary Glitter.

Glitter was revealed to be a "Sandusky type" (ahem) which is why a lot of teams stopped using this song, good as it is

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/06/2021 7:37 pm  #21

VBC wrote:

No one over the age of 25 should be allowed to submit a suggestion.

Your right VBC how about NWA. I can see the average age of 70 year old white guys getting fired up. No wait 50 cent or lil Wayne. That would work great call.

2/07/2021 6:13 am  #22

Agreed that the players or students (assuming they start going to games) should pick, but Jimi's Watchtower is timeless and besides, it was the only Dylan song nominated

2/07/2021 7:43 am  #23

Danger Zone...

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/07/2021 9:30 am  #24

luckymcd wrote:

I agree with others that the students (and by extension players) are going to like different songs than us geezers. Having said that I actually had a dream about it last night...

The Coop goes dark. Smoke on the Water starts playing still in darkness. The video boards light up with video taken from a boat floating down the Ohio on a foggy day under the West End Bridge. The cymbals kick in as we float past Heinz Field, approach the Point Park fountain and get a view of downtown. The drums begin as as we continue under the Fort Pitt Bridge and down the Mon. The bass thumps begin as we pass Highmark Stadium and the Gateway Clipper. As we approach the 10th St. Bridge a drone takes off the from the boat, flies across the bridge, up to the bluff and over Rooney Field. The drums roll as we fly over the fountains on A-Walk. The drone continues down McAnulty, over Fisher and the Power Center, to PPG. Then it continues past Shale's and turns up Magee. Just as it reaches the Coop the video boards go dark, red and blue lights shine, we let off fog machines and the team runs out of the locker room onto the court as the song reaches "smoke on the water." Pyrotechnics go off from all four corners of the court as "fire in the sky" kicks in. The song continues playing in the background as the starters are introduced. 

We are the Bluffites, make that connection for anybody who doesn't know. We tried making the connection to the city with the skyline unis a couple years ago. Further that with the video intro. Pitt might have the city's name, but we are the team downtown. We need to make it ours. Smoke on the Water rocks. The original would be great, but the verses don't really work. So an instrumental other than the chorus would be best. It could even be played by the band if they still have a guitar in it. I know it's a pretty grand vision that won't even be approached in scale, but it was a cool dream so I had to share. The Coop was rocking in the dream and I know it would be if anything even close happened in real life.

Luckymed I got to admit I like your concept. Well done. As long as the English soccer lion is left out and the word fierce is not plastered on the board winner winner chicken dinner.

2/07/2021 2:49 pm  #25

Got to be something the players like. No Motown or dinosaur rock. Even Lil Wayne and 50 Cent are now played out. 20 year olds don't want music from 15 years ago.

Board footera