Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2021 6:23 pm  #1

2/13/2021 8:03 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Out Of Covid - Plays Mason Wednesday

Man this has been killin me. Can't wait

2/13/2021 8:25 pm  #3

This is good news indeed. Hope we can get in all the games possible. Wondering about St. Louis, VCU, Richmond makeups. Probably forgetting some. Those are all tough games. Let's continue our run on Wednesday and keep the momentum going heading into the playoffs! GO DUKES!

2/13/2021 9:35 pm  #4

Left out a make up with Davidson, another good team. The A-10 is just about as balanced as ever with 9 teams including us in the top 110 last I looked.

2/13/2021 9:39 pm  #5

That is based on Kenpom which I tend to follow a bit closed than other rating systems. 

2/13/2021 9:42 pm  #6

That is based on Kenpom which I tend to follow a bit closed than other rating systems. 

2/13/2021 9:49 pm  #7

What is a G damn shame is the Dukes were developing chemistry...n this (profanity) got in the way once again.....

2/14/2021 5:39 am  #8

El Presidente wrote:

I tend to follow NET which is more important to the committee. Doesn't matter this year, as we're not in contention for an at large bid.

2/14/2021 9:42 am  #9

duq81 wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

I tend to follow NET which is more important to the committee. Doesn't matter this year, as we're not in contention for an at large bid.

Kenpom was a better predictor than RPI when the committee used that. Now they use NET. There's not really enough data to analyze, but on my anecdotal analysis I'd say NET is better than the RPI, but still not as good as Kenpom. Unfortunately the committee still won't use it because they'd have to pay for it and once they knew the formula they might not think it was "fair." If you want the most accurate, look to the Doktor Entropy rankings. They are pretty similar to Kenpom, but not nearly as publicized. Over a number of years and multiple sports I've found them to be the most accurate though. I don't know who compiles them or how they are calculated, but in my opinion they are the best.

2/15/2021 4:47 pm  #10

Just looking at the schedule, we have a common open date with VCU on 3/3; their road game against Dayton, our home game against Bonaventure were both moved up from that date. Davidson, St. Louis and UMass all have openings the last weekend of the regular season as do we.  I wonder if the A10 plans to set up make-up pods (in Richmond?) so that teams can play multiple make-up games that weekend. Or just have teams stay home to shelter in place until the conference tourney starts. FWIW, UMass's website says their game with us this Saturday has been "canceled" not postponed. We don't have any common open dates remaining with Richmond. A10 tourney starts in just over 3 weeks.

Board footera