Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2021 6:27 pm  #1

2/02/2021 7:06 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne Announces 2021 Spring Football Schedule

Thanks for sharing this Bluffhunter and new QB1 and lots to replace due to graduation but I like the schedule.

2/15/2021 9:51 am  #3

Was listening to Pat McaFee show/podcast, and they were talking about FCS football in the spring, and said he'd like to see the Duquense Dukes go on a 5 game run.   He's from Plum and played football at WVU before being a good punter in the NFL(Colts).   He has the pittsburgh accent.   Nice to get a national pop in the media like that.   
That show talked about this becoming the norm, spring FCS football, get more ratings, have the only football on, etc.   I dont think that will happen, being NFL draft time, OTAs etc.   

2/15/2021 9:27 pm  #4

With Robert Morris leaving the conference and Central Connecticut and St. Francis opting out of the spring season I'd have to think we're the favorite to win the NEC even with all the departures. As for spring football becoming the norm, I'd have to agree it won't happen for the exact reason towson mentioned. There are lots of FCS guys who get drafted every year. They aren't going to give up that chance to play in the spring. I could however see it becoming like the offseason in basketball where lots of teams take foreign trips to get in extra practice time. The Dukes could do a tour of Canada or Europe or Japan or something. Get some extra practices, build some camaraderie, and likely get some easy wins too.

Board footera