Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2021 2:19 pm  #1

Dambrot Interview

2/19/2021 6:34 pm  #2

Re: Dambrot Interview

Our rally cry: "We don't stink."

2/19/2021 6:47 pm  #3

If you listen t Coach it sounds like they aren't going to play well tomorrow. They should have a chip on their shoulder at this point. One player from what I understand tested positive, so no excuse to be out of shape.

2/19/2021 8:47 pm  #4

One tested positive...all but 5 were quarantined due to contact tracing.

2/20/2021 11:55 am  #5

Rayrich wrote:

If you listen t Coach it sounds like they aren't going to play well tomorrow. They should have a chip on their shoulder at this point. One player from what I understand tested positive, so no excuse to be out of shape.

They will almost certainly be out of basketball shape. When you have most everyone quarantined and unable to scrimmage with one another, that becomes a problem. I assume they weren't really able to play basketball much until Monday when the coach said they started to play together again. This whole virus thing sets you up to sit around isolated (and lift weights?) until the required days elapse, even if you don't appear to be sick or already had it. Crazy. Seems like every team that comes off a layoff is sluggish.. Richmond appeared to be against VCU.

2/20/2021 12:08 pm  #6

Crosseye wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

They will almost certainly be out of basketball shape. When you have most everyone quarantined and unable to scrimmage with one another, that becomes a problem. I assume they weren't really able to play basketball much until Monday when the coach said they started to play together again. This whole virus thing sets you up to sit around isolated (and lift weights?) until the required days elapse, even if you don't appear to be sick or already had it. Crazy. Seems like every team that comes off a layoff is sluggish.. Richmond appeared to be against VCU.

I agree that most teams come back sluggish but, the entire roster, excepting Mike Bekelja, has been able to practice for a week while 5 guys were always able to practice. Hopefully, that means the conditioning shouldn't be a giant issue.

2/20/2021 1:55 pm  #7

"One" but only 1, of the reasons we did so well against Dayton is because Dayton had a long stretch when they were off.  It is just more difficult when you are out of rhythm.  Again, I 'know" they can win, and I "hope" they do....but I also worry that they can get crushed due to not playing for a while.  Go Dukes.

2/23/2021 2:43 pm  #8

2/23/2021 6:05 pm  #9

CLK, I think there is a lot to read between the lines with KD's comments regarding certain players, I'll just leave it at that my friend.

2/23/2021 6:57 pm  #10

I like the Chuck Cooper shoe in the background. 

Board footera