Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2021 8:18 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - La Salle Explorers

I thought he had grown up but I guess I was wrong.

2/24/2021 8:20 pm  #27

Murphy going to hit 4 threes and win it for us.

2/24/2021 8:21 pm  #28

Feel bad for weathers.  No help.  Cant anyone step the F up?

2/24/2021 8:21 pm  #29

He has never disciplined him consistently and isn’t going to start now. A weakness of Dambrot. He isn’t perfect... just sayin’

2/24/2021 8:31 pm  #30

A team commits  21 turnovers in only 3/4 of a basketball game and leads by 12! REALLY?

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (2/24/2021 8:43 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/24/2021 8:32 pm  #31

Pathetic display. Tired of the excuses. This coach should get the same scrutiny as all the others especially given his contract.

2/24/2021 8:34 pm  #32

Tejas_Duke wrote:

A team has 21 turnovers in only 3/4 of a basketball game and leads by 12! REALLY?

Hard to imagine. This game is a nightmare. Something's got to change. 

2/24/2021 8:38 pm  #33

Rayrich wrote:

Pathetic display. Tired of the excuses. This coach should get the same scrutiny as all the others especially given his contract.

Maybe Pitino's ready to move up to a better conference.

2/24/2021 8:40 pm  #34

WashPaRick wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Maybe Pitino's ready to move up to a better conference.

That would be nice. Should have hired his son.

2/24/2021 8:42 pm  #35

How can we let Ray dominate the boards?

2/24/2021 8:45 pm  #36

WashPaRick wrote:

How can we let Ray dominate the boards?

I said that to my wife about a half hour ago. She said "Lack of Basketball fundamentals".

2/24/2021 8:49 pm  #37

Did he just say an intentional 3 second violation?

2/24/2021 8:55 pm  #38

That was really ugly.

2/24/2021 8:56 pm  #39

Duquesne Dukes pretenders not contenders. “We don’t stink” Hello.....Coach look in a mirror. Horrible game day preparation, game strategy & lack of discipline. Side note the LaSalle announcer brought me back to the Batman tv series Adam West. POW....WHAM...SLAM...Oh yeah maybe you press earlier when your down big. Call me crazy. Embarrassing this was never a contest. Mirror mirror on the wall.I don’t blame the kids on this one.

2/24/2021 9:01 pm  #40

Ironduke81 wrote:

. Side note the LaSalle announcer brought me back to the Batman tv series Adam West. POW....WHAM...SLAM...Oh yeah maybe you press earlier when your down big. .

Yes, I was actually half-expecting to hear, "Boom goes the Dynamite."

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/24/2021 9:01 pm  #41

This one is on Dambrot.... very Danny Nee like tonight. He needs to talk less and go back to basics. He is listening too much to hisown interviews.

2/24/2021 9:07 pm  #42

Worst backcourt in years. Makes you wish for Colter and Mason. I'm actually struggling to think of a worse backcourt.

2/24/2021 9:10 pm  #43

Rotroff was useless.... Why can't Hughes control his temper?  We know the A10 refs are unfairly looking for reasons to call a foul on him.  There are no doubt many others who get awaay with trash talking, but Hughes will not...
And Dambrot is a 'marked man' on protesting calls....

Last edited by gjgsr (2/24/2021 9:13 pm)

2/24/2021 9:14 pm  #44

gjgsr wrote:

Rotroff was useless.... Why can't Hughes control his temper?  We know the A10 refs are unfairly looking for reasons to call a foul on him.  There are no doubt many others who get awaay with trash talking, but Hughes will not...

Dukes problems go way beyond Rotroff and A-10 officials vendetta against Hughes. Didn't see Hughes lose his temper though on either of those techs, but i've been criticized way too much on this board for calling out the officials, so it's on the coach from now on.

2/24/2021 9:16 pm  #45

Everybody now hoping to draw us in the A10 tourney.

2/24/2021 9:25 pm  #46

Face facts, this team is average.  Might win 1 game in A10 tourn.   Cant shoot.  I’m preparing for mass transfers out again, i hate it, but i can see 4-5 leaving.   I really really hope i’m wrong.

2/24/2021 9:27 pm  #47

I am so disappointed in this team and especially this coach.  Is this where we really are after 4 years under Dambrot, a 20 point loser to LaSalle?     

2/24/2021 9:30 pm  #48

2/24/2021 9:44 pm  #49

Dukes looked awful,very dissappointing.The worst loss in the Dambrot era..Hopefully KD can get some
transfers in here at the guard position.Nobody seems to be quick enough and the outside shooting
brutal.Its a long drive home from Philly.Thankful the season is almost over.

2/24/2021 9:47 pm  #50

Found it strange that he sat his best player of late in Hughes for ten plus minutes of the first half with one foul and then brought him for the last minute of the half. I was like "what is going on there?" Hope somebody in his next interview asks him a hard question for once instead of listening to Dambrot babble on about Bekelja for half the interview. Acuff should have been given more minutes earlier on. Now he has no confidence. This team most likely won't win another game. At best they'll play Dayton, RI, Davidson, Richmond, or even SLU in the first round which means one and done.

Board footera