Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2021 9:12 am  #1

A Few Thoughts/Updates

Ladies will play LaSalle in the 8-9 game -  They split two regular season games -- Winner plays Dayton #1 over all seed.

At the Rhode Island game - the Elliott sisters both started -  It was announced afterwards they were leaving - Caroline was a walk-on and has completed a Degree in 2 1/2 years - Her sister also has her degree -  the FIRST ladies basket at the Cooper Center was a lay-up by Caroline (her only career basket) on a pass from her sister.

Given their injury problems over the past two years -  One would anticipate Halle and Annie-Pier would be leaving - both have been at DU for five years and probably have all the academic credentials they need/want -  Laia also has been out of high school for five years - and could be entertaining opportunities to play professionally in Europe.

I hope Libby and Amanda will be 100% recovered from their injuries by the beginning of next season -  I hope they would be among the players who utilize the fifth year for both athletics and academics.

Hats off to the Ladies for all their efforts - with all the starts/stoppages, schedule problems, and the injuries they have went through -- and to the coaching staff as well.

3/01/2021 10:43 am  #2

Re: A Few Thoughts/Updates

Thanks for the update.  I recall that Dan said Amanda would return next year; but that was shortly after the injury; and plans may have changed. 
I didn’t see the St Joe’s game yesterday; but it appeared from the box score that the team played well enough in the first half; but amazingly did not score a point in the 3rd quarter!  Again, I was just going by the game stats; but if true that is hard to believe.

Board footera