Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2021 2:55 pm  #1

"Megan's Brother" Had a Triple Double

TJ (now playing for the Pacers) had a Triple Double Against Cleveland the other day --  16 points  13 Assists 10 Steals.  --  Had NINE steals in the First Half.

3/04/2021 3:12 pm  #2

Re: "Megan's Brother" Had a Triple Double

And in the process, he set an NBA record with 9 steals in a half.
https://www.nba.com/news/t-j-mcconnell-sets-nba-record-with-9-steals-in-first-half

3/04/2021 7:31 pm  #3

I don't give an "airborne intercourse" about Arizona Wildcat players. This is the Duquesne board.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/05/2021 6:52 am  #4

Tejas thank you. He left Duquesne.

3/05/2021 8:41 am  #5

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Tejas thank you. He left Duquesne.

This is one of those topics that we'll just have to agree to disagree on. Roughly half the board (including myself) says once a Duke always a Duke. The other half says if you're a Duquesne alum you're a Duke for life. We've been through it 100 times and I don't think anyone convinced the other side of their viewpoint.

TJ was my favorite Duke for two years. So I say congrats. A triple double is quite an accomplishment. An NBA record is literally historic. 

3/05/2021 8:41 am  #6

Honestly, I wish him well because that's how I was raised but I will always think of him as the final nail in RE's coffin!
Rightly or wrongly that's where I'm at on this one.

3/05/2021 10:40 am  #7

I'm with you in wishing TJ well. He was one of my favorite players to watch when he was on campus and I'm glad for his success.  If he stays healthy he may end up with the longest NBA career of any Duke.

3/05/2021 10:50 am  #8

TJ will be a future head coach, it is his legacy and it is in his DNA as a McConnell.

I would love to see him come to Duquesne and take over after KD.

A dream scenario would be that he retires in a year or two and comes to Duquesne to be a "volunteer" coach with the women's program to help coach his sister.

3/05/2021 10:55 am  #9

VBC wrote:

I'm with you in wishing TJ well. He was one of my favorite players to watch when he was on campus and I'm glad for his success.  If he stays healthy he may end up with the longest NBA career of any Duke.

He's got a long way to go to catch Mike James or Norm Nixon, depending on whether you go by duration or games played.

3/05/2021 3:36 pm  #10

DU90 wrote:

TJ will be a future head coach, it is his legacy and it is in his DNA as a McConnell.

I would love to see him come to Duquesne and take over after KD.

A dream scenario would be that he retires in a year or two and comes to Duquesne to be a "volunteer" coach with the women's program to help coach his sister.

To go from a "Volunteer Coach with the Women's Program" to taking over after KD is a "pretty large stretch"

Board footera