Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2021 9:44 am  #1

DUQUESNE FOOTBALL OPENS UP WITH A WIN

The Dukes first game was a success with the 30 to 27 victory over Sacred Heart at Rooney yesterday and it was a strong performance by our new look team.  QB1 J Mischler threw for two touchdowns and ran for 1 and the new 5th year big back Garrett Owens ran for over 100 yards and caught a TD! Maybe most impressive was the work of Coach Sil's young O line who run blocked and passpro blocked all day. Defense came up with big plays including Spencer DeMedal s pick that was a big momentum swing although it looked like the Dukes were generally in control throughout except for trying to stop Chestnut who is likely the best NEC back. Great win and every game is a playoff!!Next up Wagner on Staten Island!Go Dukes

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (3/08/2021 9:46 am)

3/08/2021 2:32 pm  #2

Re: DUQUESNE FOOTBALL OPENS UP WITH A WIN

Wagner’s game yesterday was cancelled vs Merrimack due to Covid in Wagner program.    Team activity is paused.   This game is highly doubtful.   CCSU and St Francis are not playing in the spring season as well.

3/08/2021 3:04 pm  #3

Thanks for sharing A83 and I knew about CCSU and St Francis opting out! Although the NEC policy provides for flexibility with its 4 game season plus a championship game to determine FCS playoff participant as conference Champs, it is not clear and probably not feasible within such a tight window to make the game up. I would think that we have a great shot at the conference if we stay healthy and I am excited about some of the new players! Thanks again A83

3/11/2021 8:52 am  #4

Have not heard any updates about the Covid situation yet at Wagner and I have looked on line. I will text some of the coaches later to see if they have any information

3/11/2021 12:06 pm  #5

Heard from one of the coaches game on and Dukes leaving Saturday morning for Staten Island and I will get a preview together for tomorrow!

Board footera