Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2021 3:30 pm  #1

Dambrot

Coach is one of the leading candidates for the PSU head coaching job.

3/12/2021 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Dambrot

Good Luck to him.  Would be interesting if he would get it as Ferry wants it.  One of the other candidates is Mark Schmidt.  If I'm PSU, he would be a choice over Dambrot, but he may not want to leave the Bonnies.  I'd be interested to know where you got your information on Dambrot though.  I am on the PSU boardhost and have read about many possible coaches...I must have missed Dambrots name.

3/12/2021 7:05 pm  #3

Nittany sports now.

3/12/2021 8:02 pm  #4

Wildwood13 wrote:

Nittany sports now.

I went there and did not see any mention of Dambrot being one of "the leading candidates".  Do you have a link to an article?  

There are always wild speculation on who a teams next coach will be.  We saw that at DU.  I actually hate to see that as some kids who may have interest in DU may react to these rumors.  I just don't see KD being a fit or this job, and doubt he is one of "the leading candidates".  But what do I know.

3/12/2021 8:15 pm  #5

Someone sent me the article from nittanysportsnow.com.

3/12/2021 8:22 pm  #6

Would it make sense to hire Dambrot for PSU?  I don’t think so; but he would fit into the budget.  Maybe he keeps Jim Ferry on as his assistant!

3/12/2021 8:24 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

Nittany sports now.

Do you have a link to an article?  

I'm not worried about Keith leaving.

https://nittanysportsnow.com/2021/02/who-will-be-psus-next-basketball-coach-a-good-candidate-pool-with-odds/

3/12/2021 9:32 pm  #8

The Penn State job is a career ender.The pay isnt close to comparable with other Big Ten schools and
Penn State has a weak commitment to basketball. Mark Schmidt would be crazy to take that job,he has it good at St.Bona,hes probably treated like a god in Olean.
 It would not make much sense for KD as he seems to be focused on Duquesne and the program is starting to roll with the fieldhouse and the goals to get the   Dukes in NCAAs hasnt been met.

3/13/2021 7:18 am  #9

This is quite ironic coming from a Duquesne fan!  Penn State was a top 15 team in the polls last year and a solid 6-7 seed in the NCAA Tournament.  Chambers wasn’t fired for lack of wins; but for a mindless comment to a player.

3/13/2021 8:48 am  #10

Wildwood13 wrote:

Coach is one of the leading candidates for the PSU head coaching job.

Can't imagine KD being offered the position or accepting if an offer were tendered. Not that he wouldn't do a good job there. Think age is against him and his commitment to the job here makes it all highly unlikely. Keith preaches commitment all the time. Believe he practices that as well.
I have found myself rooting for Jim Ferry this year. Think he did a solid job without any reliable bigs on the inside.
Likely will not get the job though.

Board footera