Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2021 7:19 pm  #1

3/05/2021 9:52 pm  #2

Re: Transfer Portal

I like that our freshman are not in that list.  These Dukes have more talent than any team I have seen in 40 plus years.  Size, chemistry, speed, and pull-up jump shots?  This group is just too good to believe. Just think, next year, without moving around like homeless without a home court, but  having a Home Court that is undefeated in at this point? Just like going to Dayton or St. B.? Hell yea, I would be coming back, just for pay-back!!!

3/08/2021 10:46 am  #3

GW sophomores Jamison Battle and Chase Paar enter the transfer portal.

3/08/2021 11:20 am  #4

Battle is a scoring machine.   Some P6 will scoop him up.
Kimbrough and Spencer are leaving LaSalle.   

3/08/2021 5:44 pm  #5

townsonkid wrote:

Not going to miss Battle lighting us up.

3/09/2021 2:48 pm  #6

WashPaRick wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Not going to miss Battle lighting us up.

Agree he will prob end up at a power conference, those wing and corner threes he would knock down were silky smooth and he has good size for his position.

Are the in-conference transfer restrictions schools could place on kids still around? Cam Johnson was the big case there and ended up at UNC. That’s a kid I would love seeing at the 3 with Baker at the 2 and playing some 3 as well.

Last edited by Duques102 (3/09/2021 2:52 pm)

3/13/2021 9:45 am  #7

Tyson Walker might be the pg we've been looking for.

3/13/2021 12:14 pm  #8

What are the details regarding Tyson Walker?  Any info is appreciated.

3/13/2021 12:53 pm  #9

Plays for Northeastern
6'  162 lbs

3/13/2021 5:46 pm  #10

Is KD interested in him and/or is he interested in DU?

3/13/2021 9:44 pm  #11

phil95 wrote:

Not that I've seen anywhere but I'm sure they probably take a look at anyone who shows up in the portal.

3/13/2021 10:47 pm  #12

WashPaRick wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Not that I've seen anywhere but I'm sure they probably take a look at anyone who shows up in the portal.

Why are you messing with my emotions?

3/14/2021 12:11 am  #13

WashPaRick wrote:

Tyson Walker might be the pg we've been looking for.

Definitely need a PG, a big, and a shooter whoever they may be! All three! All quality recruits.
This is the most critical of recruiting years IMO. Plenty of talent out there no matter what the source.
Let's go KD and staff. Can't afford any misses! That simple. And GO DUKES!

3/14/2021 3:36 pm  #14

NapaDuke wrote:

I like that our freshman are not in that list.  These Dukes have more talent than any team I have seen in 40 plus years. 

I wouldn't quite agree with this. Everhart's second team was loaded, as was Mike Rice's second team.

3/14/2021 3:47 pm  #15

I agree with ‘81 and it’s not even close with those two teams.  Even the teams with Tommy Pipkins, Kevin Price, Nick Bosnic and Mike James et al had guys that were proven scorers.  There’s no Pipkins on this team!

3/14/2021 9:27 pm  #16

3/15/2021 5:50 am  #17

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

A couple schools recruiting Walker:
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1371244010220646404?s=21

I knew there was a reason he caught my eye.

3/15/2021 6:33 am  #18

duq81 wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

I like that our freshman are not in that list.  These Dukes have more talent than any team I have seen in 40 plus years. 

I wouldn't quite agree with this. Everhart's second team was loaded, as was Mike Rice's second team.

Duq81..Rice year 2, was that Arnold Atkins,Clark,Tunstall..along with John Moore & Bb? Flenory would have averaged 50 a game if they had a 3 point line

3/15/2021 10:19 am  #19

Tre Mitchell from UMass to enter transfer portal:  https://twitter.com/tre_mitch33/status/1371460021012197377?s=20

The ease of transfers are good for the players, but it really sucks for the fans and coaches.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/15/2021 10:21 am)

3/15/2021 10:36 am  #20

Wouldn't Tre look good in a Dukes uni!! Probably in a Syracuse or other ACC uni too!!

3/15/2021 2:13 pm  #21

Tre Mitchell leaving UMass.      Imagine he goes to P6 school.   Duke is now a transfer or one and done hot spot.   Regardless, umass taking a big loss.
Heck, he might come home and go to pitt, they need bodies, and should be pinging loudly on Capel's radar.

Last edited by townsonkid (3/16/2021 11:58 am)

3/15/2021 2:27 pm  #22

That stinks

3/15/2021 2:30 pm  #23

It has hurt the Dukes. How do you hold on to top talent?

3/15/2021 3:03 pm  #24

levon1975 wrote:

I agree with ‘81 and it’s not even close with those two teams. Even the teams with Tommy Pipkins, Kevin Price, Nick Bosnic and Mike James et al had guys that were proven scorers. There’s no Pipkins on this team!

Not being argumentative or disagreeable, but I have a few different thoughts from you and duq81 on the topic.
1. I think you have to give guys a couple years under the best circumstances to develop. This was a really crappy year for the Dukes: multiple COVID stops, two starters leave mid-year, etc. Rick Suder would've never been thought of as a "proven scorer" after his freshman year, and he turned out to be one of the best shooters in DU history.
2. Coach threw four freshmen into the fire and I think they all showed they're going to be players. Chad Baker was close to 10 ppg on a senior-dominated team and shot 40% from 3 and 80% from the line. When the season starts, other teams will be keying on him because they will think of him as a proven scorer. I think Okani, Acuff and Harris will all bring their games up a notch, especially if we give them a good PG and a post player who can fill the middle defensively the way Michael Hughes has.
3. Pipkins-Price-Bosnic-Price was a talented quartet, but not much behind them and they certainly didn't win many as a team.
4. Rice's second year (Moon-Atkins-Arnold-BB-Dixon). Talk about a guy not being "proven:" Fred Moon was a 5th year player who had done nothing for four years then stepped up and shot 60% from the field and gave us some rebounding. But Moon didn't do a lot of scoring. That all came from BB (15ppg), Arnold (15ppg) and Atkins (10ppg, whose season was slowed down by a bout of mono. BB and Bruce both lost about 5 ppg off their averages from the previous year. Losing John Moore that year to injury was also a killer. 

3/15/2021 4:46 pm  #25

ElDuque wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

I agree with ‘81 and it’s not even close with those two teams. Even the teams with Tommy Pipkins, Kevin Price, Nick Bosnic and Mike James et al had guys that were proven scorers. There’s no Pipkins on this team!

Not being argumentative or disagreeable, but I have a few different thoughts from you and duq81 on the topic.
1. I think you have to give guys a couple years under the best circumstances to develop. This was a really crappy year for the Dukes: multiple COVID stops, two starters leave mid-year, etc. Rick Suder would've never been thought of as a "proven scorer" after his freshman year, and he turned out to be one of the best shooters in DU history.
2. Coach threw four freshmen into the fire and I think they all showed they're going to be players. Chad Baker was close to 10 ppg on a senior-dominated team and shot 40% from 3 and 80% from the line. When the season starts, other teams will be keying on him because they will think of him as a proven scorer. I think Okani, Acuff and Harris will all bring their games up a notch, especially if we give them a good PG and a post player who can fill the middle defensively the way Michael Hughes has.
3. Pipkins-Price-Bosnic-Price was a talented quartet, but not much behind them and they certainly didn't win many as a team.
4. Rice's second year (Moon-Atkins-Arnold-BB-Dixon). Talk about a guy not being "proven:" Fred Moon was a 5th year player who had done nothing for four years then stepped up and shot 60% from the field and gave us some rebounding. But Moon didn't do a lot of scoring. That all came from BB (15ppg), Arnold (15ppg) and Atkins (10ppg, whose season was slowed down by a bout of mono. BB and Bruce both lost about 5 ppg off their averages from the previous year. Losing John Moore that year to injury was also a killer. 

The guys we have may turn out great, but we knew how loaded that 79-80 team was from the door, The collapse after starting 10-1 was just horrible. That 2007-08 team had enough talent to dance as well. Shawn James, Kieron, AJax, Bill Clark, Damian Saunders, Gary Tucker, Reggie Jackson. That's easily the best roster since the second Rice team, maybe since 1970-71.

Board footera