Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2021 10:06 pm  #1

Rest in peace, Dom Errico

Our friend Dom Errico who was the PA announcer for Duquesne Basketball and other sports for years and who posted on this board as SteelCityVoice has passed away at age 42 from COVID-19.  He leaves his wife Libbie and 2 young sons.  If you are able please make a donation to help the family.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/libbie-leave-the-lights-on?qid=c63a8c0269c24dca6594dca02b964c41

3/18/2021 10:51 pm  #2

Re: Rest in peace, Dom Errico

I’m about as liberal as they come, but let’s keep this on topic.  I never met Dom, but he and I interacted on Twitter and he was always so cheerful and witty.  He did a great job announcing for the Dukes, and I can’t wait until he can watch us in the tournament from paradise above.  The world can be so unfair some times.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/18/2021 11:09 pm  #3

So tragic for the DU community and his family land loved ones.

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (3/19/2021 9:02 am)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/18/2021 11:41 pm  #4

Yes, please. Enough! This is just horrible news! Let's honor Dom and his family with prayers not political gibberish. Just no place for this kind of thing. Come on. I will make a donation as I did earlier when Dom was hospitalized. I know most of us will do likewise.

3/18/2021 11:52 pm  #5

I'll let it go here and apologize for offending anybody. I've had too many friends and family members lost and affected by this virus that my head is spinning and i'm just down right pissed off at the whole system and how it was mishandled. Peace to Dom and his family.

3/19/2021 2:14 am  #6

Heartbreaking... "from dahntahnnnnnnnnnn"

3/19/2021 3:54 am  #7

Thoughts  and prayers to the family, friends, and fans from the south.
Stay strong....

3/19/2021 5:51 am  #8

This is a sad day for Duquesne basketball. I got to know Dom through social media, and developed an instant liking for him. Loving family man, passionate about his profession, and a great contributor to Duquesne University and our athletic programs. One thing I was looking forward to throughout the pandemic was the day I could see the Dukes play at the Coop, and get to hear Dom in person, and if circumstances permitted, be able to introduce myself and let him know how much I appreciate him.

God bless Dom and his family! 

3/19/2021 6:52 am  #9

BluffHunter wrote:

Heartbreaking... "from dahntahnnnnnnnnnn"

I hope there are some good recordings of his signature calls that can be edited and still be used on the sound system at the Coop. May he rest in peace and not be forgotten.

3/19/2021 8:34 am  #10

Heartbreaking day for Duquesne basketball.  My condolences to Dom's family and all who knew Dom.  

3/19/2021 9:23 am  #11

Shocking news,may god bless his family

3/19/2021 11:15 am  #12

In a very short period of time, Dom rose to legendary status in the Duquesne community; not only for his passionate and professional PA announcer roles (and part time National Anthem singer), but also for his many personal connections that he forged with the staff, players, sportswriters and fan base.  My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

3/19/2021 11:28 am  #13

Very, very sad and heartbreaking, what a tragic loss.  RIP Dom and our prayers are with you and your family.  

3/19/2021 11:46 am  #14

I never met Dom but I did enjoy his announcing. He added fun to the game.
May he rest in peace.

3/19/2021 11:52 am  #15

So sad. I understand his wife just lost her mother. Now husband.Two young boys to grow up without their father. I we on this board argue &  lose their minds over a loss. This is truly perspective in the overall scheme of life. Prayers to Dom’s family🙏

3/19/2021 3:05 pm  #16

Ironduke81 wrote:

So sad. I understand his wife just lost her mother. Now husband.Two young boys to grow up without their father. I we on this board argue &  lose their minds over a loss. This is truly perspective in the overall scheme of life. Prayers to Dom’s family🙏

Truth.

3/19/2021 3:12 pm  #17

ElDuque wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Truth.

Just sent a check to the charity of my cousin's 16 year old daughter, who is raising money for breast cancer on the one year anniversary of her Mom's death at 52.  Perspective is a good thing to think about it times like these.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera