Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2021 3:36 pm  #1

DUQUESNE FOOTBALL 3 AND 0 WITH W OVER LIU 35 TO 17

The Dukes won their home game today over the LIU Sharks 35 to 17 after a sluggish 1st quarter when they were out played. The offense sparked the team early with big plays including a 75 yard bomb from QB1 Mischler to  Cyrus Holder who had a career day with another bomb catch and over 200 yards on 7 catches.  Isabella had a tremendous back shoulder fade catch to set up a TD and Dave Henderson had a great day too.Defense gave up a lot of rushing yards and Debrito and DeMedal from the safety spots made a lot of tackles. Dukes got better as the game went on but I would like to see them tighten up run D for next week and hopefully an NEC championship game at Rooney!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (3/21/2021 3:39 pm)

3/22/2021 5:43 pm  #2

Re: DUQUESNE FOOTBALL 3 AND 0 WITH W OVER LIU 35 TO 17

So does this mean they clinched a spot in the championship game? Obviously like to see them beat Bryant but only team in the conference with 3 wins plus head to head over Sacred Heart.

3/24/2021 9:30 am  #3

I think that you are right Dukes412 but I have not been able to confirm.  Obviously if we beat Bryant I think we host a championship game but should we not win I think we will still win a tiebreaker over Sacred Heart but lose tiebreaker to Bryant and then what happens between Bryant and Sacred Heart who I don't believe played each other? I looked on the NEC website yesterday and couldn't find any information sorry

3/25/2021 12:47 pm  #4

DU has clinched a spot according to the NEC in a quite complicated article.    Hosting depends on this weekends results. 

https://northeastconference.org/sports/2021/3/24/FB_Tiebreaker_Procedure_21.aspx

Last edited by A83 (3/25/2021 12:48 pm)

Board footera