Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2021 8:34 am  #1

3/16/2021 8:45 am  #2

Re: Recruiting Names - PSN Article

These are the kind of "difference maker" players KD needs to land.

3/16/2021 10:03 am  #3

Going head to head with Jeff Capel for Parham. Should be interesting if Parham chooses one of the two programs. These ARE the kind of players DU needs to sign if we are to move up in the A-10 standings! 

3/16/2021 10:14 am  #4

This is a very exciting development. Close these deals KD!

3/16/2021 10:28 am  #5

Parham appears to be a pretty hot commodity, though he does want to go somewhere where he can improve his defense to become a better pro prospect so I suppose we have a shot. Nice to see David Collins back in the mix, I remember Keith had offered or at least recruited him out of high school. 

3/16/2021 10:38 am  #6

I concur absolutely with what all you guys are saying!  This is the talent level of player we need to land.  Both PG's look good as does the PF who can score, has good foot movement and can play inside out - blocks some shots too!  Dennis I agree about Collins as well.  KD went after him hard out of HS and I believe it was down to us and South Florida so it is nice to see that we may have him finish up his career here.  This is an exciting time, but again this is the talent level we need to be in with!!!  Let's close a couple of these KD!!!

3/16/2021 10:56 am  #7

pitt basketball is totally a cluster ----mess.  Parham would be crazy to go there.

Go Dukes!

3/16/2021 11:53 am  #8

FAM wrote:

pitt basketball is totally a cluster ----mess.  Parham would be crazy to go there.

Go Dukes!

Agree with you but a kid sees an opportunity to play in the ACC which is normally a top 1 or 2 conference. I doubt that a recruit would know anything about Pitt's internal issues. Would really love to see this kid in a Dukes jersey!

3/16/2021 12:20 pm  #9

You can see what KD is chasing at the guard position in terms of the profiles of these guards. Described as guys who are great dribblers, 3 pt shooters, and guys with the ability to create their own shot.

This is the biggest thing we were missing this year in my opinion, that lead-dog, option 1 star guard with some size that could score and run the team. Obviously Carry was slated to be that guy for the next 2 and that didn’t happen. Think about if we played last season with one of these guys starting at PG, TDM coming off the bench and everything else being equal.

A big 3 of Weathers, Hughes, and the VMI kid with Baker as the 4th scoring option and the rest of the depth would have made us a contender last year IMO, I think the roster was that close.

Maybe if we snag him and keep the big guys and most of the current talent we could see a jump with a more normal  offseason/pre conference slate. Don’t think KD is going anywhere and excited to see how he shapes out the roster.

Also like to see him chasing a transfer guard, we need to bring in some proven college experience and scoring ability at that position to raise the level of this roster by next year. Young guys push things out another 2+ years for me.

As we saw this year, even the promising young guys can flash but expecting them to consistently lead the team as a freshman at this level is a bit unrealistic and unfair to them. We aren’t Kentucky/Duke getting 5 stars. Most of these guys need time to develop.

3/18/2021 1:15 pm  #10

For those interested in keeping up with recruiting news, this young kid is crazy good.

jake lieberman (@jakelieberman2) / Twitter

3/24/2021 7:45 am  #11

3/24/2021 11:40 am  #12

Coming from VMI, Parham would bring discipline. 

3/25/2021 11:41 am  #13

3/25/2021 1:25 pm  #14

We wanted Collins 4 years ago and just missed out on him, but I would take him now in a New York minute!  Go Dukes!!

3/25/2021 3:23 pm  #15

I think KD wanted Collins while he was at Akron...I think there must be a relationship somewhere.  Would love to see him at DU.  And...his 1 "get of of jail free card" has already been used.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (3/25/2021 3:24 pm)

Board footera