Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2021 6:22 pm  #1

Weight room

The new one looks pretty good.  For what it’s worth, I advise everyone currently on Duquesne’s roster to find its location.  Every one of yins could stand to put on 10 to 20 pounds of good weight.   And that means muscle.  It will change your basketball lives; this I know to be true.  Lifting two or three times a day.  Beer and pizza at night - within reason.  Consider the size of the guys still playing.

3/29/2021 8:08 am  #2

Re: Weight room

Great point I heard thru a prominent poster🔫 that the weight room is state of the art. However, how do you get the players to buy in? Duquesne in my opinion always had failed with building Div 1 bodies with their players. Is it on the Coach, Weight Trainer or the players themselves. Let’s face it Maceo Austin & Lamar Norman never had a true Div 1 body. In regard the this latest group of Freshman Div 1 body type a must to compete with the big boy programs. Again Mike great point if this program can reach the next level.

3/29/2021 11:10 am  #3

Guys, I get that we want kids to get stronger, but this isn't football. We want them to be agile as hell with freakish leaping ability and good speed, too.

3/29/2021 12:16 pm  #4

El D strength does not necessarily limit agility. Look at Weathers what 6”5. He bullied forwards much taller around the hoop. Yes great technique Charles Barkley style thanks to the use of his lower extremities. Sorry but 2 & 3 guards that weigh 170 lbs wet will never make it if the Dukes want a A10 championship. In fact did you see Eric Williams last night . He definitely spent time in the weight room. If you spend big bucks with the state of the art weight room (#1) A10 use it. 

Board footera