Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2021 6:47 pm  #1

Scholarship Question

Hey there,

Full disclosure: I am not a Duquesne basketball fan, so my knowledge of Duquesne basketball is very limited. The reason that I am here is to ask for some assistance. I have a Google sheet that I manage that keeps up with the scholarship numbers of every D1 basketball team, and I consistently have a problem when it comes to Duquesne.

Duquesne always comes in over their scholarship limit by 1-2 players (right now I have them at 2 over, last year I had them 1 over the entire season). This made me curious (which is what led me to this forum) as to whether or not there are some walk-on players that I'm counting as scholarship players. Right now, the players I have listed on scholarship for the Dukes are:

1. R.J. Gunn
2. Austin Rotroff
3. Pedro Castro
4. Amari Kelly
5. Maceo Austin
6. Tre Williams
7. Michael Bekelja
8. Tyson Acuff
9. Jett Roesing
10. Toby Okani
11. Chad Baker
12. Andre Harris
13. Mounir Hima
14. Andy Barba
15. Amir Spears

That's 15 guys for 13 spots, which obviously doesn't fly. Am I missing something as far as walk-ons or something like that?

Thanks for the help!

3/31/2021 7:18 pm  #2

Re: Scholarship Question

Don't think any of us have cracked the code. 13 are on basketball scholarships, and the rest are either paying their own way or are receiving some other type of aid. DU is diligent about reporting and guidelines, so it's safe to say:
1. We're compliant.
2. St. Bona fans are apoplectic anyway.

3/31/2021 7:22 pm  #3

I have no doubt you guys are compliant, just wanted to see if anyone had an idea on how this was possible. Thanks!

4/01/2021 6:01 am  #4

Total D1??   Wow.  Just curious....how did you solve the one over limit of the Akron Zips this year?? 

Nice project.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (4/01/2021 6:01 am)

4/01/2021 8:28 am  #5

The project was sort of a quarantine project that I decided to take on to cure boredness. It's a bit of a beast.

As far as Akron, I had them right at 13 scholarship players (would post a screenshot but I have to have at least 10 posts on here before I can do that).

4/02/2021 8:33 am  #6

asparrish1 wrote:

The project was sort of a quarantine project that I decided to take on to cure boredness. It's a bit of a beast.

As far as Akron, I had them right at 13 scholarship players (would post a screenshot but I have to have at least 10 posts on here before I can do that).

I think it's clear that some names will be coming off that list as the spring and summer progress.  KD is still recruiting players to this list as we speak.  I think the picture will be more clear in August.

Board footera