Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2021 8:11 am  #1

Commitment - Lauren Wasylson

Here is Dan’s first transfer for the new portal madness. Former Mars High School standout Lauren Wasylson is heading “home” to Duquesne from Xavier.  Dan wanted her coming out of HS. She is a shooter with two years left. Started for X but was not the main option.

No doubt that the portal is where recruiting is headed as the women already have 750 names there. The Dukes are losing Ny Langley and Michaela Simmons, a walk-on. High Schoolers will be hurt by the portal because coaches will have a lot of video on college players in the portal. I think you may be able to get a gem from High School because big schools will be mining the portal.  Maybe Dan will start to expand his recruiting areas to bring in high school diamonds in the rough.

4/02/2021 12:51 pm  #2

Re: Commitment - Lauren Wasylson

THANKS HOOK SHOT!!!

Some additional information about Lauren --  she is a 6' guard --  some numbers regarding her career at X

Freshman Season 27.1 MPG  7.2 PPG
Sophomore Season 24.3 MPG  6.8 PPG
Junior Season 18.2 MPG 3.8 PPG

Hopefully the decline may be somewhat COVID related -  First two years are fairly solid numbers in a Conference that is probably better than the A-10 on the women's side.

Welcome to the Bluff Lauren!!!!

4/02/2021 4:56 pm  #3

Agree with you SkepticAl and impressive numbers for sure!

6/07/2021 11:24 am  #4

6/18/2021 4:41 pm  #5

Again thanks for sharing this Phoenix and looking forward to seeing Lauren.  I will defer to SkepticAl on whether she fits the most immediate need but I think her numbers are good and she should help. You always need role players for a successful hoops team IMHO and I think she should fit in well and provide some points!

Board footera