Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 4:31 pm  #1

Sean Miller, huh?

Ya cheat ya pay.

4/07/2021 4:59 pm  #2

Re: Sean Miller, huh?

Always good to see justice prevail. From all accounts that is what has happened out in Arizona.

4/08/2021 8:37 am  #3

It took long enough.
Maybe he can get a job in the WPIAL.
Of course Bill Self signs a lifetime contract at Kansas
Will Wade still has a job 
and I guess we were supposed to get all weepy when Roy Willimas announced his retirement.
We will never know the details of the  recruitment of Zion Williamson by Saint Michael of Duke.

Last edited by Saul's A Team (4/08/2021 8:52 am)

4/08/2021 8:50 am  #4

Doubt it. Probably NBA assistant coach from what I'm hearing.

4/08/2021 9:04 am  #5

His brother was fired from Indiana this year also.

4/08/2021 9:08 am  #6

you know there are some pitt folks already giving up on Capel that want Miller.

4/08/2021 11:21 am  #7

townsonkid wrote:

you know there are some pitt folks already giving up on Capel that want Miller.

Says something about those folks who want Miller for a coach!

4/08/2021 12:08 pm  #8

I can’t stand PItt....but if I was a PItt fan I would want “one” of them for a coach.  Their program has been utterly destroyed while Capel has been there.  He either recruited the “wrong” guys or his coaching was suspect.  We may never know.  Go Dukes!

4/08/2021 2:18 pm  #9

The recruiting began to slip at Pitt while Dixon was still there. Bringing in Stallings was a bad move. Program hit rock bottom before Capel showed up though he has not been able to bring much of anything positive to the program. Think they could do worse than him but could certainly do better. Believe he's secure for a couple more years. All he can do is jump on the transfer bandwagon like every other coach and hope that he hits pay dirt. Bottom line for me is I don't care!

4/08/2021 3:52 pm  #10

Maybe Miller being a local kid would have the balls to play Duquesne unlike Capel the coward. Sean lays low for 1 or 2 years Pitt BB continues to hit rock bottom & Miller returns to Pitt.

4/08/2021 4:03 pm  #11

Ironduke81 wrote:

Maybe Miller being a local kid would have the balls to play Duquesne unlike Capel the coward. Sean lays low for 1 or 2 years Pitt BB continues to hit rock bottom & Miller returns to Pitt.

Well, nothing would really surprise me these days. Wouldn't be shocked to see Archie back in the A-10 one day.

4/10/2021 6:02 pm  #12

El Presidente needs to empty the dishwasher.
Your Wife

4/11/2021 5:51 am  #13

Saul's A Team wrote:

It took long enough.
and I guess we were supposed to get all weepy when Roy Willimas announced his retirement.
We will never know the details of the  recruitment of Zion Williamson by Saint Michael of Duke.

I thought the same when I heard Miller was fired; yes, he was caught paying recruits to play for him in Az; but Will Wade was also recorded arranging a hefty payment to a recruit; but LSU  doesn’t follow any rules and Wade gets rewarded with a bonus after making the tourney with players he probably paid to play.  Bill Self has been getting away with paying recruits for years, but Kansa just ignores it because he wins games.  Self seems to see himself as being “to big to fail@ or to be sanctioned by either Kansas or the corrupt failure of an organization known as the NCAA. 
I don’t know the particulars of Miller’s firing but I suspect that Arizona knew that the scandal was much bigger than what we know; and that the spotlight on Miller would make it harder for him to continue to spend the kind of money he needed to get players; and consequently he wouldn’t win as many games.

4/12/2021 8:52 am  #14

levon1975 wrote:

Saul's A Team wrote:

It took long enough.

I thought the same when I heard Miller was fired; yes, he was caught paying recruits to play for him in Az; but Will Wade was also recorded arranging a hefty payment to a recruit; but LSU doesn’t follow any rules and Wade gets rewarded with a bonus after making the tourney with players he probably paid to play. Bill Self has been getting away with paying recruits for years, but Kansa just ignores it because he wins games. Self seems to see himself as being “to big to fail@ or to be sanctioned by either Kansas or the corrupt failure of an organization known as the NCAA.
I don’t know the particulars of Miller’s firing but I suspect that Arizona knew that the scandal was much bigger than what we know; and that the spotlight on Miller would make it harder for him to continue to spend the kind of money he needed to get players; and consequently he wouldn’t win as many games.

Just really a shame when the NCAA, supposedly the ruling body overseeing college sports, is complicit in all the underhanded dealings taking place. Look the other way and don't upset the apple cart. It doesn't do a bit of good to complain apparently, but it is so egregious that it's hard to swallow. If anything will ultimately drive me away from the entire college sports scene, this will. 

Board footera