Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2021 3:02 pm  #2

Re: Seton Hall Transfer Shavar Reynolds (tweet may not be accurate)

Not to be negative but really hoping that Reynolds is not our primary option at PG. I do realize that the staff has to take a look at many players but again.......

3/24/2021 3:05 pm  #3

El Presidente wrote:

Not to be negative but really hoping that Reynolds is not our primary option at PG. I do realize that the staff has to take a look at many players but again.......

Some question on veracity of tweet.  May not be true.

3/24/2021 3:50 pm  #4

El Presidente wrote:

Hard-working point guard, known for his defense, played his way on to a Big East team, shoots 3s in the high 30s, FTs in the low 80s, loads of experience and more than respectable stats against tough competition. And a good student too. Seems like he'd be a pretty good get for whichever school ends up with him. May not be as explosive offensively as Parham, but seems like he'd be a good fit for a team that should have plenty of other scoring options but needs a true point guard.

3/24/2021 4:27 pm  #5

3/24/2021 5:10 pm  #6

If he comes here I'll be his biggest supporter.  His stats don't appear that impressive for someone who played the number of minutes that he did this past season for Seton Hall.

3/24/2021 5:53 pm  #7

Looks like like's more or an old school pointguard. Only took about 6 shots per game. He had 4.2 A to 2.2 TO and shot over 8o% at the line. 

3/24/2021 6:16 pm  #8

I'd take someone with his pedigree, size and the stats pointed out by WashPaRick - especially against a Big East level of competition.  He also shoots 3's in the high 30s as pointed out by Dennis.  My take is that he also wasn't asked/expected to be trying to score a lot at SHall.  I watched a couple of their games and they had some good wings and the big in the middle.   

3/29/2021 6:44 pm  #9

Guess we have to wait a little longer for his decision.

3/29/2021 6:48 pm  #10

4/08/2021 7:25 pm  #11

Going to Monmouth.

4/08/2021 8:05 pm  #12

Wow. That's it. Wow. He must have considerations other than basketball.

4/09/2021 10:43 am  #13

It's pretty close to where he grew up and I believe his sister goes or is going there in the fall. Check that, his sister goes to Penn and is on the basketball team there. But his cousin is on the team at Monmouth. And he's looking for an opportunity to be more of a star and not just a complementary player.

Last edited by DennisC91 (4/09/2021 10:55 am)

Board footera