Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2013 5:48 am  #1

Mike James back to the Bulls

Chicago Bulls are expected to sign Mike James this week who will be brought into training camp on an unguaranteed deal.

https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/377555077554130944

9/11/2013 9:58 pm  #2

Re: Mike James back to the Bulls

Jimmy Ferry put out a tweet this week with props for Mike James for representing the University. I thought it was a nice touch.

9/18/2013 8:52 am  #3

Here's an article with some details about Mike James signing with the Bulls.  Mike enters his 12th year in the NBA.  I believe this is the longest that any Duquesne Duke has played in the NBA.  As I recall, Mike also played around two or three years in Europe before he was able to hook on with a NBA team, the Miami Heat.  Although he is expected to see minimal playing time this season, now at age 38 he definitely has demonstrated his endurance to play at the top level: 

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/09/11/chicago-bulls-round-out-roster-by-signing-veteran-mike-james/  

Last edited by godukes1970 (9/18/2013 10:09 am)

9/18/2013 9:07 am  #4

godukes1970 wrote:

Here's an article with some details about Mike James signing with the Bulls.  Mike enters his 12th year in the NBA.  I believe this is the longest that any Duquesne Duke has played in the NBA. 

I believe this is correct. I think Nixon played 10 years (not counting the 2 full years he sat out with injuries), and Si Green played 9.

9/18/2013 4:11 pm  #5

Mike is an amazing athlete, and and a wise player to have coming off the bench.  I saw him a lot at the end of last season, after he was signed by the Dallas Mavericks.  He pretty much took over the lead guard position, because he understood, and was very efficient at getting the ball to Dirk in a posiiton on the court where her could score.  They made a run at the end of the season, but fell short, but Mike was very good in his role.

Board footera