Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2021 9:03 am  #1

Scholarship Math Revisited

So the big question on the minds of most DU fans is where are we on recruiting? Is KD done? Is he looking to bring in another player or two?  I think the biggest part of that answer depends on where we stand on available scholarships.  Unlike most schools, DU fans have never been able to get an accurate head count.  While I have no doubt that DU has always been in compliance, the math just never seemed to add up.  We started last season with 15 players, not counting known walk-ons.  The belief was that two player were paying their own way in some fashion. The question is are these two players now on scholarship?

Currently we have a 15 man roster counting the six new players we signed, and including TDM.  TDM does not count towards the 13 player scholarship limit.  So if everyone is now on basketball athletic scholarship it would mean DU is one over the scholarship limit.

Some of you may have noticed that in the last PSN article it stated that DU was over scholarship limit.  If this is correct, the simple math then follows:  to get in compliance we need to lose one play, to bring in another we need to lose two player, to bring in two players we need to lose three players....

The last couple of weeks we have not seen much in the way of new recruiting news.  That does not mean KD is not still recruiting.  I think we may have a better idea after finals are completed this week.   While I don't want to see any more of our returning players leave, I do agree with many of our posters that we need additional front court help.  It would be nice if Mike Hughes decided to return to DU, but I don't see that happenibg

5/04/2021 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Scholarship Math Revisited

With Roessing entering the transfer portal it's down to zero as you know CLK. Good work on your part. I have had an inkling the last few days that Hughes might return if the offers overseas aren't what he expected. Might be in his best interest. At least i'm hoping. If anybody deserved a year in the new fieldhouse it's MH.

5/04/2021 5:40 pm  #3

Re: Scholarship Math Revisited

PSN saying more moves expected.

Board footera