Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2021 7:07 pm  #1

DU Gets A Commitment From TCU Transfer

5/04/2021 7:31 pm  #2

Re: DU Gets A Commitment From TCU Transfer

Excellent pick up!

5/04/2021 7:31 pm  #3

6'10+, 6'10+, 6'10+...

5/04/2021 7:37 pm  #4

Pathfinder wrote:

6'10+, 6'10+, 6'10+...

Hima must be that guy. Williams, Gunn, and Easley all 6-7 225 plus. That's some bulk and a lot of length and athleticism. Throw in 6-6 Ayers, 6-8 Harris, and 6-7 Okhani and you have a whole lot of length and size. Then you have the guards.

Last edited by Rayrich (5/04/2021 7:38 pm)

5/04/2021 7:46 pm  #5

At Chattanooga in 18-19, Easley Jr made the All-Southern team, Won ROY, and was selected to the Southern Conference All-Freshman team

5/04/2021 8:17 pm  #6

As PSN article noted more movement is likely and with this many forwards I am thinking I know what position we will see someone transfer out......just sayin.  I am warming up to now seeing us go with Williams, Rotroff and Hima in the middle and maybe Rotroff has an epiphany regarding how to muscle out to get rebounds in his final year - Lord knows he has the size, even though he doesn't have the hops.

5/04/2021 8:23 pm  #7

So does Easley have 2 years of eligibility remaining or 3?  Anyone know?

5/04/2021 8:30 pm  #8

PistolPete wrote:

So does Easley have 2 years of eligibility remaining or 3?  Anyone know?

Looks like three as he was Soph this year at TCU

5/05/2021 11:27 am  #9

Easley looks like a nice player, but in my opinion does not address the critical need of getting a tough nasty big capable of getting 7 to 10 rebounds a game, and be a reliable rim protector.  Easley is a wing player with over 50% of his shots attempted coming from three point range. Also Gunn is also more of a wing player.  We seemed to be stacked with wing players. Maybe Hima and Rotroff can fill that role. 

5/05/2021 12:01 pm  #10

We just dont know enough information as fans.I dont know how good Hima is,,its going to be a much different team so I wait and trust Coach knows what he is doing.I would like to see a power forward
or center acquired and think KD does too. 

5/05/2021 12:44 pm  #11

stew wrote:

We just dont know enough information as fans.I dont know how good Hima is,,its going to be a much different team so I wait and trust Coach knows what he is doing.I would like to see a power forward
or center acquired and think KD does too. 

We are still 1 over the scholarship limit so if we pick anyone else up we will need to subtract 2.  it's getting relatively late.  I just don't fully understand the process.  Do you think there are kids waiting to see if they get recruited over and will lose their scholarship?  that seems harsh.  If they already plan to leave, why haven't they entered the portal or announced they are leaving the team?  Do KD and staff, or more to the point, coaching staffs in general throughout college basketball recruit over the scholarship limit and then tell kids they have to leave the program?  If not, then KD already knows of one player who is not coming back, and if he is still recruiting then 2 players.  why haven't they entered the portal or announced they are leaving the team?  I think a documentary needs to be made to explain this aspect of college basketball.  very interesting

5/05/2021 2:01 pm  #12

5/05/2021 2:19 pm  #13

Who was our last 4-star recruit? I was looking back and found several in the mid 3's, just curious if someone knows the answer.

5/05/2021 3:47 pm  #14

StillatShales wrote:

Who was our last 4-star recruit? I was looking back and found several in the mid 3's, just curious if someone knows the answer.

https://archive.triblive.com/sports/college-district/valleys-b-b-flenory-among-dukes-century-club

BB Flenory, only parade all-american

5/05/2021 4:14 pm  #15

Could have been Damian Saunders after the one guy at Marquette decided to not go Pro and Damian was the odd man out - to our great benefit - anyway on to current events.  I am getting really excited about this recruiting class and I think KD and staff are working the portal to perfection.  I love the fact that a guy like Easley, and Williams (Indiana State), have 3 years of eligibility as well.  I think Ayers (Mercer) has two, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  All of these transfers have a pretty high skill level and are proven D1 players - except for the D11 guy, but I trust KD on that one.  I think nowadays this is how you need to build a roster, while bringing in some talented freshman.  I am also excited to see what the returning freshman, whatever that composition looks like, will do in year 2.  Interestingly enough PSN states that more is yet to come and I would just reiterate that we now have a surplus of forwards so its not too hard to forecast what position may transfer out - we just don't know who, but obviously the choices are limited, just sayin  I won't beat a dead horse, but you all know what remaining house cleaning I would like to see done.......  .  

5/05/2021 5:43 pm  #16

StillatShales wrote:

I think Maceo Austin and believe it or not Gavin Bizzeau had one sevice that had them at a 4 star.

5/05/2021 6:21 pm  #17

WashPaRick wrote:

StillatShales wrote:

I think Maceo Austin and believe it or not Gavin Bizzeau had one sevice that had them at a 4 star.

Bizeau was definitely a 4-Star for one service.

I really like this signing. 3 years of eligibility for a dude the will already have transferred twice is a value-added feature. Kudos to the staff.

Stew & CLK have it right, he projects to be a big, shooting wing that is capable of playing a fair amount of stretch-4 in the A-10. His freshman rebounding numbers for a bad team in a respectable but lower-tier conference suggest that as a 4th year sophomore in this conference he shouldn't be overmatched very often when having to guard legit PFs.

I am not worried that his playing time & production were reduced at TCU this season. They had some very strong transfers & recruits fighting him for time at his position. From what I have read, he took the starting SF spot away from former 5-Star USC transfer Chuck O'Bannon for 10 or so games before O'Bannon hit his stride in the second half of the season. 

Whi will be moving on among Maceo, Okani, Harris, Rotroff, or Barba?

5/05/2021 6:25 pm  #18

Ahhh, totally forgot Gavin Bizzeau. What happened with him at Toledo? Looks like he was released and hasn't played since...

And who had Maceo Austin at 4 stars? I only saw 3's for him. Regardless, I hope he can turn it around. He's dealt with a lot this past year.

5/05/2021 6:50 pm  #19

StillatShales wrote:

Ahhh, totally forgot Gavin Bizzeau. What happened with him at Toledo? Looks like he was released and hasn't played since...

And who had Maceo Austin at 4 stars? I only saw 3's for him. Regardless, I hope he can turn it around. He's dealt with a lot this past year.

I'm glad I qualified it as I think he was a 4 star. After some checking I can only find him as a 3 star.

5/05/2021 9:18 pm  #20

WashPaRick wrote:

StillatShales wrote:

I'm glad I qualified it as I think he was a 4 star. After some checking I can only find him as a 3 star.

I know this is hard to believe but, here it is.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224491/gavin-bizeau

5/05/2021 10:05 pm  #21

Has anyone come across any good video of Easley at either UT-C or TCU?

5/05/2021 10:23 pm  #22

Phil that says a hell of a lot about the ESPN ranking!!!  LOL

5/06/2021 7:29 pm  #23

Despite putting up 26/8 in this game while shooting 10/15, 2/3, & 4/4 with 2 blocks, Easley doesn't feature prominently in this highlight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZALVJfe0s

Here are some from high school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7KcVj8how
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRrIP_oDRAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4If9UQ-vaL8

5/06/2021 8:23 pm  #24

phil95 wrote:

Despite putting up 26/8 in this game while shooting 10/15, 2/3, & 4/4 with 2 blocks, Easley doesn't feature prominently in this highlight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZALVJfe0s

Here are some from high school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7KcVj8how
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRrIP_oDRAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4If9UQ-vaL8

Easley looks to be a potential difference-maker for next season. It will be fun watching this guy play. I think he'll do well in the A10.
The Chattanooga video is comical given the stats Easley put up against VMI.

Board footera