Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2021 3:12 pm  #1

5/05/2021 4:15 pm  #2

Re: TDM In Transfer Portal

There goes the probably 1% chance of Hughes coming back in my eyes. Looking back now seems he may have been hoping his return may motivate Weathers or Hughes or both to do the same. Maybe understanding what his role was to be on this team with those guys leaving was enough, who knows. Loved what he brought to the table over the time he played but it’s time for both sides to move on there for me. Looking for him to star on a team in a one bid type of league.

I’m not always a fan of player future speculation but with the new transfer rule it feels like the horse is out of the barn and everything is on the table.

I have a bad feeling Andre Harris is coming soon.

5/05/2021 4:15 pm  #3

This is not a big loss but it's a loss.  I would have loved to see him as a dangerous bench scorer for the Dukes this year.  I fear KD would have overused him to the detriment of the team though.  TDM had the ability to get hot and score like few other Dukes in recent years.  It would have been great to see him go off one more time.  I was at VCU 2 years ago when the Dukes won in OT and TDM hit a big 3 down the stretch.  I remember going back to the hotel and drinking a beer with Phil95 watching the OT again on the computer.  it was a glorious night to be a Duke fan and TDM was a big reason for it.   He loved to shoot and loved being a Duke and I loved watching him play.  I was happy to take the bad with the good.  His type of play drives most fans crazy and i get it - but every time he let one fly I thought it was going in.  I will miss TDM.

5/05/2021 4:25 pm  #4

Well, I guess we are no longer over the limit!

5/05/2021 4:36 pm  #5

Unfortunately we are still over the limit because TDM did not count towards the limit.

5/05/2021 4:52 pm  #6

Pretty sure we are at the limit with Jett out too.

5/05/2021 4:57 pm  #7

Duques102 wrote:

Pretty sure we are at the limit with Jett out too.

signed Easley last night.  we've been one over for a bit.  Jett and Easley cancel eachother out and TDM doesn't count so it seems we are still over 1

5/05/2021 5:23 pm  #8

Coach Dambrot told me when he was hired that you need to recruit two to three players over your limit at all times now, just the way the game is played was his comment.  I'd like to think that all the player movement is simply that the new arena, together with the program improving, is giving Duquesne the ability to improve this roster with higher caliber players  than in the past 40 years.  TDM staying, then now leaving makes me feel this could be the case.  More will be leaving and arriving, curious to see where we stand when the dust settles.

5/05/2021 8:43 pm  #9

Pitt board saying TDM going to Pitt.

5/05/2021 9:01 pm  #10

Is going to play for Pitt's program a step up or down under Capel?  Wish TDM the best but playing on a bottom-feeder in the ACC can't be that great can it?

5/05/2021 9:07 pm  #11

If this comes to fruition with TDM as a scholarship player, Capel should start polishing up his resume. There is no denying that the 2021 transfer portal creates many surprises. This would be a shocking development.

5/05/2021 9:20 pm  #12

Totally agree this would be a shocking development.  I appreciate all that TDM did at Duquesne but I can't imagine the Pitt fanbase being excited at this acquisition.  Capel looks like a bust, more likely to put everyone on Cardiac Hill into cardiac arrest with the signings so far.  I feel Coach Dambrot is going to surprise us with a few more recruits that will make us look forward to November. Just hope the talent will become cohesive and play well early.

5/05/2021 10:31 pm  #13

According to Pitt, everybody is going to go to Pitt.

5/06/2021 8:26 am  #14

I believe TDM's goals are to coach...not to play overseas.  I also believe this was a decision that KD and TDM came jointly to best benefit TDM in the long run.  I can see TDM joining KD's staff somewhere down the road. 

Good luck TDM.  Just remember not to read the forums once you start coaching. ;)

5/08/2021 3:21 pm  #15

5/08/2021 3:57 pm  #16

Wonder what all the chatter on the Pitt board concerning TDM is about. Maybe just that...chatter. I really don't see him moving to an ACC team, even a sub par one, and enjoying any success. The teams mentioned in the above tweet are more than likely the teams that he should pursue. However far be it for me to make that determination. Best of luck to TDM wherever he lands.

5/21/2021 1:20 pm  #17

5/21/2021 2:47 pm  #18

I wish TDM the best.  As much as I love him I have to say I can't remember him ever successfully executing the alley oop pass that FGCU loves to do.  ...and it wasn't from a lack of trying.  

5/21/2021 3:38 pm  #19

Styles1229 wrote:

I wish TDM the best.  As much as I love him I have to say I can't remember him ever successfully executing the alley oop pass that FGCU loves to do.  ...and it wasn't from a lack of trying.  

IDK if that is true, I seem to recall him connecting on one or more alley-oops for the jam.  I don't have any specifics, but would be surprised if there were no successes.

Board footera